Meet Sonos Beam

Show first post

306 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Ryan, I tried to pre-order the Beam however PayPal does not appear to be an option and checkout for this product. I bought 2x play ones just last week and checked out using PayPal no problem, what gives?

Removing the Beam from the basket and adding any other product lets me check out using PayPal...

Hi Mark, unfortunately, Paypal isn't an option for pre-orders. I'll let the sales team know you're missing the option so they get the feedback, but you'll have to place a pre-order using a different payment method. Sorry for the trouble!

Also on that same note it appears coupons don't work on pre orders either. I am a blue light card member and I added another item to check coupon works (it does) but not on this pre order. Guess I will have to wait for it to release rather then order today...ah well...shame...
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Is it possible that dts x or atmos will come with a later update? (can‘t imagine because of the speakers inside...)
We do not currently plan to add the ability to decode Atmos content to Beam. If your TV is getting Atmos, via HDMI handshake the Beam will get sent Dolby Digital 5.1, and it'll sound great!

Do you think the beam will sound as good as or similar to the playbar? Okay its smaller, but with new technical components...
The output is deceptive with the smaller size. Playbar and Playbase both achieve louder volumes than Sonos Beam, with a wider soundstage and more bass. You might have to find this one out for yourself at a local store when it becomes available or pick based on the space it's going in. Personally, I think it sounds just as good. But my ears are broken from too many concerts.

If i use Beam in a 5.1 setup, i ask myseld which speakers are the best for the rears: Sonos One or Play 1? Alexa is already integrated in Beam, that makes me think, that Play 1 could reach. The sound between Play 1 and One is comparable, right?
Sonos Ones would be a bit more future proof as more features will probably come down the road that aren't available to the Play:1, like Airplay 2. But if you're using them as surrounds the Beam does the heavy lifting for most of that anyway. Both are good options, and they sound very close to each other. I can't really tell the difference but i know some people can. (Again, see my broken ears.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for acknowledging the issue, I thought that might be the case, but yes if you could please mention it to the sales team as I can't think of a logical reason why PayPal couldn't be used for pre-orders. If this changes please ask them to reach out to me.
Will do!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks for acknowledging the issue, I thought that might be the case, but yes if you could please mention it to the sales team as I can't think of a logical reason why PayPal couldn't be used for pre-orders. If this changes please ask them to reach out to me.
Will do!

Ryan can you also let them know that the coupon code from blue light card isn't work on the pre order but is on all other products as I really want to order this ASAP (sorry I accidentally PM you this request so can ignore that). Anyway all the help you have given is further validation to me that my outlay on Sonos since January has been worth every penny (and it wasn't an easy decision for me as I don't earn lots but love music and films)
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
If the Beam is "ideal" for smaller/mid-sized rooms while Playbar and Playbase work better in large rooms, what size room is considered small or mid sized?
Asking the hard-hitting questions. In short, this is going to be a personal preference based on what you're looking for and the many variables in the room. Square footage doesn't tell you how high the ceiling is, where furniture is, and the ceiling and flooring is made of, or how the room is designed. in the end, we have a great return policy, you can always check it out and see if it works for the room you're in, or if you need bigger sound. It's a similar question when picking between a Play:1, Play:3, or Play:5.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
If the Beam is "ideal" for smaller/mid-sized rooms while Playbar and Playbase work better in large rooms, what size room is considered small or mid sized?
Asking the hard-hitting questions. In short, this is going to be a personal preference based on what you're looking for and the many variables in the room. Square footage doesn't tell you how high the ceiling is, where furniture is, and the ceiling and flooring is made of, or how the room is designed. in the end, we have a great return policy, you can always check it out and see if it works for the room you're in, or if you need bigger sound. It's a similar question when picking between a Play:1, Play:3, or Play:5.

But as for the beam there are no other alternatives in terms of HDMI like for speakers.
The sound of the beam is more or less good than 2 play 1 or 3?