Sonos Beam delivers rich, room-filling sound as the center of your home theater. You can make a surround sound setup with a pair of Sonos Ones, Play:1, Play:3, or Play:5 for rear speakers with the Beam, and even add a SUB for the full 5.1 surround sound experience to shake the house.
The Sonos Beam comes in white or black to complement your home, and the curved silhouette quietly blends into its surroundings. With a low profile and compact size, Beam was designed to fit on credenzas or under wall mounted TVs, providing versatility. At only 25.6 inches long, Sonos Beam won’t hang off furniture, block the TV or overwhelm your space.
Every acoustic component is custom-designed by Sonos and tuned for immersive sound to fill the entire room. The Beam has four full-range woofers and a tweeter to ensure you’ll hear the true playback of mid-range vocals, plus deep, rich bass. Powered by five Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture. Three passive radiators will make deep, warm bass fill the room. Beam plays Dolby Digital 5.1 over HDMI-ARC, or PCM stereo sound.
Ready for Voice control
Sonos Beam will support Amazon Alexa in the US, UK, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and soon in France, with support for Google Assistant coming this year. If you’re in another country, Beam is future-ready for when Sonos and a voice service launch together in your region.
On top of the Alexa control already available for Sonos devices, you can use Beam with the latest Alexa-enabled video streaming devices such as Fire TV to unlock more hands-free control. You can find, launch and control video streaming content using your voice and even change channels within supported apps. Just say:
“Alexa, turn on the TV”
“Alexa, find adventure movies on Netflix”
“Alexa, play Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu”
“Alexa, open ESPN”
Some more details on Sonos Beam:
- Simple to set-up. Plug Sonos Beam into power and then connect it to your TV using the HDMI cord. That’s it.
- Control your way. Control Sonos Beam with your voice, the Sonos app, your existing TV remote, your favorite music service’s app, and soon, AirPlay. Capacitive touch controls for volume up/down, previous/next track, play/pause, add to group, microphone mute. LED indicates status, mute status and voice feedback.
- Smart voice recognition. A five far-field microphone array used for advanced beamforming and multichannel echo cancellation makes sure you’re heard, even when the music is blasting, even when playing with a full 5.1 listening experience.
- Optimized for your listening. From within the Sonos App, tap Speech Enhancement so you never miss a word, or Night Sound to amplify quiet noises and reduce loud ones so you can enjoy late night TV without waking the entire house.
- Tune with Trueplay. Trueplay analyzes all the acoustic factors in your room—size, layout, décor and speaker placement—and tunes Beam to sound its absolute best.
- Low profile and compact size. The dimensions are 25.625 x 3.94 x 2.70 in. (651 x 100 x 68.5 mm) and it weighs 6.2 lbs (2.8 kg).
Pre-order today on Sonos.com in stunning black or white for $399 US (€449 EUR, €449).
For more details, check out our blog post on the Sonos Beam here.