Hardware News

Meet Arc, Brilliant sound for your TV

Meet Arc, Brilliant sound for your TV

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

550 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I am a pre-release buyer. 

The announced release date for the Arc is just a week away. With everything going on in the world right now, I’m just wondering if Sonos is still on target to hit 10 June or if that date has been revised?

Has there been any word? 

I’m in UK.   

Well, my credit card was charged on Saturday (I pre-ordered 3 weeks ago) so I’m guessing they will start shipping imminently. 

I pre ordered mine on May 23rd however they haven’t charged my card yet , so wondering if it’s still on schedule . Hopefully it still is as this is my 1st sonos and can’t wait to get a hand on it , besides my TV is lonely too for last 2 weeks without a 🔊.

I pre-ordered on 28 May & as of today (3 June @ 1400 CST) my CC hasn’t been charged & my order status is back ordered.

The order will get charged when the unit is shipped out.

Badge +1

The order will get charged when the unit is shipped out.

Thx as always for the update/credible information Ryan.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am a pre-release buyer. 

The announced release date for the Arc is just a week away. With everything going on in the world right now, I’m just wondering if Sonos is still on target to hit 10 June or if that date has been revised?

Has there been any word? 

I’m in UK.   

Well, my credit card was charged on Saturday (I pre-ordered 3 weeks ago) so I’m guessing they will start shipping imminently. 

I pre ordered mine on May 23rd however they haven’t charged my card yet , so wondering if it’s still on schedule . Hopefully it still is as this is my 1st sonos and can’t wait to get a hand on it , besides my TV is lonely too for last 2 weeks without a 🔊.

I pre-ordered on 28 May & as of today (3 June @ 1400 CST) my CC hasn’t been charged & my order status is back ordered.

My order has same status of “Back ordered” and I placed mine on May 23rd

It will likely stay in that state at least until June 10, and perhaps longer. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

It will likely stay in that stateat least until June 10. 

So doesn’t it mean we receive it by June 10th ?

Who knows. I don’t work for Sonos. But based on past performance, when something ships from Sonos, you get an email stating the fact that it shipped, and providing information about who it shipped with, and sometimes (always?) a tracking number. That would be a much more reliable way of confirming shipping and date to expect it than looking at a status on a sales page. 

Badge +1

Who knows. I don’t work for Sonos. But based on past performance, when something ships from Sonos, you get an email stating the fact that it shipped, and providing information about who it shipped with, and sometimes (always?) a tracking number. That would be a much more reliable way of confirming shipping and date to expect it than looking at a status on a sales page. 

Well stated & exactly how I envision it playing out, carry on Bruce you got this one covered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

We’ve updated the main thread on the request, but I wanted to share here as well:

We will be adding Multi-Channel LPCM support to Arc as part of a future software update. We don’t have exact timing to share at this point and will update you when we do.

Wow, kudos to the engineering team! Hope this makes many folks pleased!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Congrats to the team for getting this release done and shipping units in the current state of affairs!

Pre-ordered a white version on May 9th and still listed as in backorder. Still hopeful.

Interesting quirk in that it doesn’t show up as an order when logged into the store, but does with that same email and the order number.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I had a number of reservations about the Arc but ended up deciding to give it a try. I order a black one and then changed my mind so on May 19th I called Sonos and changed it it a white one which involved canceling the original one. Mine now says back ordered as well.  When I made the change the salesperson said he would hope for it to ship for the 10th. 

We’ll see!

Glad the are looking to add LPMC. Shows they are listening.  I’m not sure it will help me with Apple TV and only an arc output on my TV. 

… we’ll see! 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I was charged on Monday night but did not receive a shipping email. Not sure where they are shipping from but if they have a European hub maybe I will get a surprise soon. I will update the forum if I get anything.

I ordered the black model. From the comments on this forum it sounds like the black model might be shipping first. Or maybe the white module is just more popular?

Userlevel 1

Well … i have LG E7 from 2017. AppleTV is connected to the TV. Before buying Sonos it was connected to a Denon X3600 Atmos receiver, and Dolby Atmos from the Apple TV worked fine. But the E7 was a Atmos-model, so the may be why. 

I wouldn’t count other 2017 models out though. 

I have an OLED TV as well from 2017. I dont care about the passtrough for full atmos, since i use apple tv and their apps use digital plus atmos anyway. Do u think it will work? Your apple tv was connected to ur tv and from there to the Denon? Or u plugged ur apple tv directly to the Denon? 

thank u very much

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Review is up on whathifi 

Sounds pretty good. Glad I ordered one. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’ve been watching all the latest reviews on YouTube, and they have ALL been positive. Can’t wait to get my ARC! 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I was charged on Monday night but did not receive a shipping email. Not sure where they are shipping from but if they have a European hub maybe I will get a surprise soon. I will update the forum if I get anything.

I ordered the black model. From the comments on this forum it sounds like the black model might be shipping first. Or maybe the white module is just more popular?

My statement says “backorder” which probably means that I’m going to have to wait longer. ☹️ It seems that the Sonos ARC is selling out quick. 

My statement says “backorder” which probably means that I’m going to have to wait longer. ☹️ It seems that the Sonos ARC is selling out quick. 

I don’t think so.  I believe is the status everyone received on the preorders since they were not being shipped yet.  I ordered on 5/12 and immediately got backorder status.

Does anyone know if the LG B8P supports arc passthrough? Have an Apple TV setup as well. TIA.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

A review. https://9to5mac.com/2020/06/04/reviews-sonos-arc-atmos-soundbar/

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I don’t think so.  I leave is the status everyone received on the preorders since they were not being shipped yet.  I ordered on 5/12 and immediately got backorder status.

Oh, I see. Thanks for letting me know. 👍🏻

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

The charge that was applied on Monday night remains 'pending' status in my bank account. I called my bank to see if there was a problem and they said Sonos' bank in the Netherlands hasn't fully completed the transaction on their end yet. 

The fine print on standard shipping says 1-2 days in Europe, excluding weekends, so hopefully that means it will ship today to hit the 10 June date. Crossing fingers. 

So cannot connect my multimedia player (Nvidia Shield) directly to the soundbar? I think its the only possibility to pass all the digital audio codecs from the Nvidia Shield to the soundbar. My television its old and converts the audio codecs from and HDMI IN to a HDMI-ARC out.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Maybe get a new TV then?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am hoping that my Arc isn’t too long in coming as the Beam it replaces has been sold and is now giving somebody else enjoyment. Mrs P has even commented on the TV sound.

I ordered back on 12 May, and it’s showing as New order with a status of backorder, whereas the Five that I ordered some time later shows as Dispatch Acknowledged with a status of processing. I haven’t yet been charged for either unit.

Badge

Hi, 

I am tempted also, but have doubts on Qamsung q90r compatibility for atmos passthrough. Any samsung user here (or Sonos staff) could confirm atmos source plugged on TV (specially future PS5) will send atmos signal to the sonos arc via hdmi-ARC? (not eARC).

I heard PCM will be added in a firmware update but samsung promised eARC also this way, and never happened...

Thank you very much