Known Issues with Sonos App and iOS 9

• 16 September 2015
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Having a nightmare with iOS 9.0.2 - cannot connect to my bar or my play 1 - feel duped and pissed off How do I fix this? I have reloaded the app and keep trying to connect on SONOS wifi via my settings. This keeps asking for a password - which I do not recall having to enter when setting up.

GRRRRR very very annoying
I think the app may be back to using a lot of battery in the background. same here... iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2, Sonos app sits at 22% battery use, (2,7 hours in background) for the past 24 hours. Could switching to WiFi and doing away with the bridges have anything to do with it? Anyone else seen this? Thanks.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Having a nightmare with iOS 9.0.2 - cannot connect to my bar or my play 1 - feel duped and pissed off How do I fix this?

First of all by keeping cool.

I have reloaded the app and keep trying to connect on SONOS wifi via my settings. This keeps asking for a password - which I do not recall having to enter when setting up.

GRRRRR very very annoying

You are not supposed to connect to the Sonos Wifi (on iOS you shouldn't even see it), you should connect to your home wifi (you should know your own wifi key) and make sure that your Sonos system is configured correctly (either via one wired Sonos device, a Sonos Bridge or a Sonos system set up to work via wifi).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Many times after an ios upgrade an iPhone and your router leave duplicate IP addresses.

The best way to permanently fix is go on your iPhone. Under wifi settings. Tell it to forget your home wifi network.

Then reboot your router.

Then on the iPhone go back under wifi settings and add back your home wifi.

This will solve connectivity issues ... which Sonos issues are a symptom of.
Thanks for the post John.
Tried to update to 5.5 on the discontinued Sonos Controller and the update download froze half way through. Totally locked up, can't figure out how to reboot.

Went to my iPhone, it appears the 5.5 update loaded, according to the "About My Sonos System" it says version 5.5. When I try to add a player, it goes through the motions and ends up with an error saying it can't find the device. I can add a bridge, can't add any players.

iPhone 6S runing IOS 9.0.2

Any ideas?

John
jeverlin,

Sometimes a SONOS update exposes a fundamental flaw in the local network.

I suggest that you shut down EVERYTHING on your network and restart in the following order:

Modem
Router
Wired SONOS units
Wireless SONOS units
NAS if you use one
Everything else

Allow each step to complete before moving to the next step.

By the way we are now up to iOS 9.1.

If you are using the CR200 (Also known as "CONTROLLER"), you can pull the battery and force a reboot. If you are using the earlier CR100 simultaneously press and hold the Mute and Music buttons. If a CR100 is being very stubborn, remove it from the charger and allow the battery to fully discharge -- this could require several days.