Issues playing Deezer for some Virgin Media customers, March 2nd, 2018

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

We're investigating an issue for some Virgin Media customers who are unable to play Deezer on Sonos. If you're experiencing this issue it may help to reach out to Virgin Media and let them know. We'll post an update here when things are working again.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Badge
Have this issue today - post Sonos system update (maybe coincidence?)
Badge +1
Yup, same here. All fine until the Sonos update to beta ?
Out in Gloucester too. Worked straight after the update yesterday but today won’t play Deezer at all. Amazon music plays ok though
Edit. Now working again... welcome back FLAC, You sound so much better....
Userlevel 2
All back in order thankfully
Badge +1
Yup, FLAC returns to Cardiff too ?
Badge
Top job, all working now 😃
Userlevel 6
Badge +13
What was the problem in the end?, I'm on Deezer and VM..
Quite possibly a temporary DNS glitch. IIRC Virgin Media has a bit of history in that regard.

If it's possible to do so, changing the DNS setting in the router to 8.8.8.8 (primary) and 8.8.4.4 (secondary) might avoid problems in the future. These are Google's DNS servers.
Quite possibly a temporary DNS glitch. IIRC Virgin Media has a bit of history in that regard.

If it's possible to do so, changing the DNS setting in the router to 8.8.8.8 (primary) and 8.8.4.4 (secondary) might avoid problems in the future. These are Google's DNS servers.

I think VM have disabled the option to change the DNS servers in their Superhubs 2 and 3 ... you cant even backup the router settings these days. It won’t be long before they take away the DHCP Reservation Table either. They don’t like their customers messing with their routers advanced settings. My advice is switch their hub to 'modem mode' and buy your own router.