Introducing Sub Mini

Related products: Hardware News
Introducing Sub Mini

Hi all,

Today we announce the Sub Mini, the wireless subwoofer that sets a new standard in its category for powerful, balanced bass.

Available in matte black and white, Sub Mini will be available globally starting October 6.

Sonos Sub Mini

Small but Mighty: Sub Mini Boosts Bass Across Movies, Music, Gaming and More

Bass without the Buzzkill: Dual custom woofers and advanced processing generate deep, dynamic low end with no buzz or rattle, helping you feel more immersed in every scene and song. Within the acoustically sealed cabinet, both woofers face inward to create a force-canceling effect that neutralizes distortion. 

Balanced Sound: Advanced digital signal processing maximizes bass response and reproduces the full-toned low frequencies expected from a much larger subwoofer, allowing paired speakers like Beam, Ray, One, or One SL to focus on more mid-range and high frequencies for a richer, more powerful sound experience all around.

Pairs Well With…: Drum up the drama in every movie scene by pairing Beam or Ray with Sub Mini, or drop it even lower on your at-home dance floor by making Sub Mini your Sonos One’s plus one. 

Looking Great at Every Angle: Unlike other subwoofers, Sub Mini features a round design that allows it to blend naturally into your home aesthetic without taking too much space (or attention). 

Seamless Set-Up: Add Sub Mini to your Sonos system in just a few taps on the Sonos app, mixing and matching with different Sonos speakers to create your perfect sound system, whether you’re hosting a housewarming party or movie night with friends. You can also fine tune Sub Mini’s sound with Trueplay, which detects and adapts the speaker’s sound for reflections off of walls and furniture, giving you the best listening experience for your room and setup. 

Sonos Sub Mini

Building on the award-winning design of Sub, Sub Mini delivers rich, clear low end in a more compact, cylindrical design.

Sub Mini will be available globally starting October 6 2022 for $429USD, £429, €499, $699AUD. For more information, please visit Sonos.com

Read here the full press release on Sonos Sub Mini.

Can anyone bottom line the reviews so far. Peters videos are informative but long and drawn out. 

Some people are complaining they can't notice any bass improvement with the Sub Mini:

Many people aren’t placing their sub - mini in a “good” location, there’s only so much that TruePlay, if used, can help there. Subwoofers in general are greatly affected by placement, due to the wavelength of the sound they emit. 

All subwoofers are influenced by their location in the room. This is how the physics work. Note that these posters changed their opinion after moving the subwoofer to a more favorable location.

Can anyone bottom line the reviews so far. Peters videos are informative but long and drawn out. 

He always states his conclusions at the beginning of each video.

The new software has much improved performance with the arc.

I had a voucher to use up, so pre-order for Sub-Mini placed. (I plan to use it in the main bedroom with beam/surrounds)… thanks Sonos.👍

This is something I am interested in doing for my bedroom where I currently have my Beam (Gen. 2) and SL pairs. If possible, could you report back with how the Sub-Mini performs with that setup? I am on the fence because right now it feels as if I have enough bass in my room, but I think maybe the Sub-Mini could add more clarity with the sub-bass frequencies for better separation and clarity? Thank you!

I had a voucher to use up, so pre-order for Sub-Mini placed. (I plan to use it in the main bedroom with beam/surrounds)… thanks Sonos.👍

This is something I am interested in doing for my bedroom where I currently have my Beam (Gen. 2) and SL pairs. If possible, could you report back with how the Sub-Mini performs with that setup? I am on the fence because right now it feels as if I have enough bass in my room, but I think maybe the Sub-Mini could add more clarity with the sub-bass frequencies for better separation and clarity? Thank you!

When the Sub-Mini first arrived, I temporarily set it up downstairs in the Kitchen/Diner with a pair of One SL’s and it sounded great in a corner of that room, much better than I was anticipating. I then moved it upstairs to the main bedroom to use with a Beam (gen1) & Ones, as originally planned, and that’s where it has stayed, as it sounds fantastic with the Beam HT setup.

Anyhow, long story short, we had a rather ‘old’ portable TV in the Kitchen/Diner, so the Wife and I replaced that with an LG smart TV (just a small one) in time for Christmas. I then went a little mad and added the Sonos Ray and another Sub Mini to that room.

Anyhow the Sub Mini sounds great in each of the two rooms and for me the Bass frequency output produced, is ‘exceptional’ for such a small sub. It takes the overall sound to the next level. I’ve perhaps spent more than I intended, but absolutely no regrets. I have to say I really like the new Sonos Ray too, it makes the little TV seem much bigger, just wish I could read the TV channel guide on its small screen from more than 5 feet away, but that’s just an age thing, I guess… ha 😀