Introducing Sonos Sub Gen 3, brilliant sound you can feel

Related products: Hardware News
Introducing Sonos Sub Gen 3, brilliant sound you can feel

Available on June 10th, Sonos Sub is being masterfully engineered with its third generation. We’re enhancing the same iconic design and bold bass with updated internals including increased memory, processing power, and a new wireless radio.

Hear and feel the difference with Sub, the wireless subwoofer for deep bass. Experience lower lows and higher highs when you connect Sub to your Sonos system over WiFi. Place the award-winning design upright or lay it on its side and enjoy pure bass with no vibration or rattle. 

FH0ON1xXXxr-UuTB_uuuIY-2ZSzQKbELjNrVyqtMtZ_Ci486oRw4MUO7E2ncMuUfJjfhVDZrliE4HjM2iDunvk-4bMFziTwFlpo4HX3Jg1BF_u4NlgtWgMgaWPzj_KpgGMDGY3Cq

No buzz, just bass

Sonos Sub features two force-canceling drivers at the center to eliminate vibration and rattle so you get powerful bass without any distortion. It brings the same great sound as the previous Sub, with updated internals including increased memory, processing power, and a new wireless radio. 

The custom-designed drivers take over the lowest frequencies for the Sonos speaker or home theater setup that Sub is bonded with, freeing up the speaker for higher highs, while the Sub handles all of the lowest lows. Connect Sub to Arc or Beam, and enjoy TV, movies, and video games like never before. Add a pair of One SL surrounds for an even more immersive home theater experience. 

Some more details on Sonos Sub gen 3:

• Simple to set-up. Plug Sub into power and bring your phone up to Sub to automatically pair and securely transfer WiFi credentials using near-field communication (NFC).

• Flexible Orientation. Sub’s enduring design continues to fit perfectly into any space. Stand Sub upright, lay it on its side, or tuck it under the couch without any loss in sound performance. 

• Bold Bass. Frequency response plays as low as 25 Hz.

• Tune with Trueplay. Trueplay puts the speaker-tuning capability of the pros in the palm of your hands, adapting and optimizing the sound of the speaker to the unique acoustics of the room. iOS device required. 

• Dimensions. The dimensions are (H x W x D)15.3 x 6.2 x 15.8 inches (389 x 158 x 402 mm) and Sub weighs 36.3 lb (16 kg).

Pre-order today on Sonos.com in glossy black or white for $699 US (€799 EUR).

We’ve announced details for the Sonos Arc and Sonos Five. You can also check out our blog for some great stories. 

Hi,

For those who want do place the sub under a couch, the back will have rubber feet?

Yes

Has anyone been able to locate the side felts? Manual states “SONOS SUB includes four (4) permanent felt feet you can attach to the corners of the unit”. However mine did not come with any?

Can someone just plainly and simply state how “increased memory, processing power, and new wireless radio” actually means in sound performance? Am I the only one that thinks IDGAF if my speaker has more memory or processing power? It’s not a laptop. What is my system missing out on by having a version 2?

Can someone just plainly and simply state how the “increased memory, processing power, and new wireless radio” actually means? Am I the only one that think IDGAF if my speaker has more memory or processing power? It’s not a laptop. 

There is a comparison review here that I came across:

https://www.smarthomesounds.co.uk/blog/sonos/the-sonos-sub-gen-3-whats-new

I’m currently owning a PlayBase and 2 Play:1 surround speakers.

It looks like the new Sub G3 is compatible with S2 only. Does it mean I can’t connect a  Sub G3 and should look for a used G1 or G2 ?

I’m currently owning a PlayBase and 2 Play:1 surround speakers.

It looks like the new Sub G3 is compatible with S2 only. Does it mean I can’t connect a  Sub G3 and should look for a used G1 or G2 ?

Yes, if you’ve chosen to stick with an S1 Household, but I don’t understand why you haven’t moved your PlayBase and Play:1’s over to an S2 system, as all are completely compatible with S2?

Thank you, Ken

I have a Sonos Connect and 2 times Play:5 (first generation) as well

Thanks for the confirmation, I can always upgrade later.

Has anyone been able to locate the side felts? Manual states “SONOS SUB includes four (4) permanent felt feet you can attach to the corners of the unit”. However mine did not come with any?

I could not see the answer?  I have the same issue.  Did you find out where to get them? Thanks all!

I have some wifi stability issues with my current sub gen 2. I see wifi radio is updated in the internals of gen 3, but what does that mean exactly?

dinga maga amainzga gta indir

I have some wifi stability issues with my current sub gen 2. I see wifi radio is updated in the internals of gen 3, but what does that mean exactly?

I could not see the answer?  I have the same issue.  Did you find out where to get them? Thanks all! get-mobdro.com 

And also tubemate

The increase in RAM is likely more to do with marketing than necessity, if it’s anything like the RAM race that is going on with GPU’s.

My main problem with the Sub is I can't pair it with 2 speakers in the same room (Playbar and play:5). And as I understand, Gen 3 won't change that...

My main problem with the Sub is I can't pair it with 2 speakers in the same room (Playbar and play:5). And as I understand, Gen 3 won't change that… vidmate download instasave

any idea on my issue ? 

Not sure what further statement needs to be said, it’s been covered before, over and over.

1. the current software allows any Sub to be connected to one room at a time
  2. the Sonos software allows two subs to be used in a home theater room only, not in any other situation
  3. Sonos does not release a roadmap of any changes they are expecting to make to their software, so we have no idea whether or not they intend to, or are working on something like you request
  4. It has been requested before, many, many times, so they are aware of the desire, and it has already been passed on to the relevant teams
  5. You could just group your two rooms together, and have the Sub connected to whichever of the two speakers play right now