Hardware News

Introducing Sonos Port, Brilliant Sound Connected

• 5 September 2019
  • 159 replies
Introducing Sonos Port, Brilliant Sound Connected

Show first post

159 replies

I don't think there can be aby concept of Autoplay with Airplay2. So grouping would be the way. So it would be cheaper to buy a Symphonisk speaker and keep it permanently grouped with the Playbar. 

Ryan and Group.  Converting over from Connect to Port.  Connect was connected to newest Russound by Digital Toslink for the past year without flaw.  Tried to connect new PORT using Digital Audio instead.  Russound Whole House Audio Component has 3 inputs for this.  Only could get one channel using this option.  Both channels worked fine with Connect and Toslink but only one channel with new Port and Digital Audio Cable.  Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan and Group.  Converting over from Connect to Port.  Connect was connected to newest Russound by Digital Toslink for the past year without flaw.  Tried to connect new PORT using Digital Audio instead.  Russound Whole House Audio Component has 3 inputs for this.  Only could get one channel using this option.  Both channels worked fine with Connect and Toslink but only one channel with new Port and Digital Audio Cable.  Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried alternative digital coax cables?

Thanks for this suggestion.  Have ordered another one.  The one I am using worked in a different configuaration.

I’ve known even short coax cables to cause problems. Always worth trying a different cable.

May I use the port to connect to my record player and then the sound will play on my Sonos one speakers ?

I am understanding this product correctly ?

Yes, you certainly are. That’s exactly the kind of use it was designed for.

One caveat. The Port is expecting a line level input. If your turntable doesn’t have a pre-amp built in, you’d need to put one in between the two devices. They’re pretty cheap.

Does anyone know if the sonos port works with sonos ready receivers? I see no official word on that?

Thanks

Userlevel 1

“Works with Sonos” receivers monitor your local network and when they see a Sonos product of your choosing on your network receive a stream it wakes up the receiver from standby and switches to the input you define. 

Because of this it should work still.