Sticky Hardware News

Introducing Sonos Move, Brilliant Sound Anywhere

• 5 September 2019
  • 183 replies
Introducing Sonos Move, Brilliant Sound Anywhere

Show first post

183 replies

Well, I would prefer a dropout instead of having to change the move to bluetooth, when I use it in the backyard. With the power that nowadays  processors have, Sonos should do better. I don’t believe that’s not doable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Well, I would prefer a dropout instead of having to change the move to bluetooth, when I use it in the backyard. With the power that nowadays  processors have, Sonos should do better. I don’t believe that’s not doable.

What other Sonos products do you have?  Your profile says that you have a Connect and Move, but I’m guessing you have others since you’re using Sonosnet.

Have you considered upgrading your WiFi router?  I’m not trying to suggest you spend more money, but if the Move can’t access WiFi, then it’s likely your phone/tablet isn’t either, and you wouldn’t be able to control the Move anyway.  As you stated, tech has improved, and you might find upgrading the router to have a lot of benefits.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

£80 for a charging base, are you having a laugh? :money_mouth::joy:

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/charging-base.html

I would have preferred it if the Move was £320 with a cheap USB-C adapter and the charging base an optional extra

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I suppose it depends on how long a reconfiguration would take and how aggressive it could be controlled.  Don't think it would have to mean dropouts at all as I've literally removed the source before and it's played on for about a minute!  Obviously, source dependant.

I'm sure Sonos must have really tried to make it work and just couldn't make it happen satisfactorily.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Just dropping in to say I got my Move last month and finally got around to setting it up. Went like clockwork, first time connect out of the box. Not experienced any drop-outs, or sleepy moments when it won’t wake up to a stream. Best of all, I picked it and went for a walk around the garden, the stream stayed connected continuously, and our back garden is 21 metres deep. I was able to walk right around the house, both front and back gardens and it never missed a beat.

So pleased that Sonos finally got a weatherproof unit for taking outside to enjoy the tunes! My Play5 never looked happy being taken outside in a protective bubble-wrap jacket! Roll on summer is what I say, we can’t wait to be rocking on the patio again!!

What other Sonos products do you have?  Your profile says that you have a Connect and Move, but I’m guessing you have others since you’re using Sonosnet.

As for now only the Connect and the Move. I used to have 2 Play 5 before. I’m planning to get Playbar, Sub and Sonos Sl to create a 5.1 system. (Once Sonos decide to update the Playbar :sunglasses: I use the Sonosnet as in the immediate neighborhood there are more Sonos devices that used to interfere.

Have you considered upgrading your WiFi router?  I’m not trying to suggest you spend more money, but if the Move can’t access WiFi, then it’s likely your phone/tablet isn’t either, and you wouldn’t be able to control the Move anyway.  As you stated, tech has improved, and you might find upgrading the router to have a lot of benefits.

That will be my next “move”. I would have preferred to purchase a Sonos Boost instead.

This is definitely an interesting product in terms of having it in rooms with lack of sockets (for instance in the bathroom). However, I will not buy it unless they produce it in white

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Just got the move, not bad unit, price is a little steep

and the extra charging station, someone need to work on the number it seem a little out of this world $120 AUD for a charging stand?