Important Sonos Update for iOS 7

• 17 September 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
We aim to provide our customers with the best Controller and software experience possible. Unfortunately, we have encountered some issues related to the Sonos Controller for iPhone and iPad and the final, released version of iOS 7.

We are planning to release an update for your Sonos Controller for iPhone and iPad near the end of the month that addresses these issues. We ask that you take this into consideration before updating your devices to iOS 7.

If you already updated your device to iOS 7 expect potential challenges. While setting up Sonos, a new Sonos component or when discarding your alarm the app could close unexpectedly. Text might not be displayed fully on your iPad screen and there might be a minor user interface issue with your play/pause button.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yeah I have seen the iOS7 update has caused problems. Can no longer stream wirelessly from my iPhone - i.e. no "this iPhone" button anymore.
App quits unexpectedly etc. Please fix!
Badge +3
Hi Wylie,

Are you maybe referring to iOS 9? iOS 9 is the update which was released yesterday. What version of iPhone are you using? If you haven't already, I would recommend you try a quick reboot of the phone. Hold down the power button until you see the power off slider, then turn it back on after it shuts down completely.