Answered

Important Information for Audible Listeners

Badge +18
Update: In the fall of last year we discovered that an update was incompatible with the existing Audible integration on Sonos and made the decision to remove the service. We realize it’s frustrating not to have an easy way to listen to your Audible books on Sonos. We’re working with the Audible team to make sure that when the service does return, we provide the best possible experience.

In the meantime, if you’re looking to get your audiobooks playing on Sonos, we can offer some suggestions here.

Update February 8, 2017: We know a lot of Audible fans are eager to get Audible back working on their Sonos systems and we’re pleased to announce that Sonos and Audible have committed to bringing Audible back to Sonos soon. Please bear with us—we appreciate your patience!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 20 March 2018, 20:49

Good eyes! It's been going live today across the regions and I'm excited to officially announce that Audible is back on Sonos, starting today. See more here in our official announcement post.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

615 replies

Got it. Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I received the email stating it is now supported, but my SONOS One tells me it is not supported on my device. It is at the current update level.

You have to add Audible as a new service in your Sonos app, and play your books to your Sonos One from that app, rather than trying to play them from the Amazon/Alexa app.
I received the email stating it is now supported, but my SONOS One tells me it is not supported on my device. It is at the current update level.

Starting today, Audible is now available on Sonos! You can now play from Audible on Sonos using the Sonos app or directly to Sonos players using the Audible app. Later this year, you’ll also be able to use Alexa to control what’s playing from Audible on Sonos. [...]
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
Long time maybe but works a treat. Happy day! .... . got Eddie Izzard doing his bio in 8 rooms and happy .... after a year, I can contemplate hoovering the house again! 😃
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
All working well, and that is just great! Thank you.

Plus, we've had almost three years of a customer relations boondoggle for the ages as entertainment. I'll always treasure Sonos surreptitiously updating the "February 2017" announcement from 'this summer' to 'soon', months later. Solid gold.

All that said, I'm not a very good annoyed customer. In the period since this all started I managed to add a Playbar and a Sonos One. LOL@ me.
Audible sent out a 20% off coupon in my email this morning. So glad Audible is working with Sonos - and in the best way possible - you can cast it directly from the Audible app. This family is very happy with our new Sonos speakers now!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks very much. Took a hell of a long time but it works well. Audible from within Sonos I suspect is only any use to those that only listen through Sonos and not out and about on headphone and in the car too but through the Sportify app seems good. Enjoyed a chapter whilst making dinner this evening without a pair of headphones on for the first time in years!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So glad to see that audible is finally back!

However I think it's a bit unfair/frustrating that there isn't any sort of offer or discount for everyone on here that has been campaigning and waiting for it for two years!

Yet there is an introductory offer for new customers to get three free books!

That's one for Amazon surely?
So glad to see that audible is finally back!

However I think it's a bit unfair/frustrating that there isn't any sort of offer or discount for everyone on here that has been campaigning and waiting for it for two years!

Yet there is an introductory offer for new customers to get three free books!
Userlevel 2
Not working! Country restrictions. So still useless.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
official now https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/audible-on-sonos-6804502
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Good eyes! It's been going live today across the regions and I'm excited to officially announce that Audible is back on Sonos, starting today. See more here in our official announcement post.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Works for me!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sounds like Today is the Day!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I am not running Beta and it worked for me too. Great.
All I did was re open the app and then add new music service and it was listed as an option
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Maybe it just came out and they haven't sent out announcement yet.

Anyone else able to add? Tuesday is the day they normally release stuff.
I am not running the beta that I know of. I did sign up but was told I would be told when I was accepted. I have not been told that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Last time someone said that they were running beta software. Are your running beta or did it really come out this time?
I have just been able to add Audible as a service on my account. No new app update. Just listed as a service to add
Audible not working and the new updates make it more unstable than ever, sorry I purchased this product. It was working great, then updated controller, made some services unusable. I bought 17 speakers, recently went back to my hardwired system.

I would carefully re-read the post from Chris above, that he posted a few days ago.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Audible not working and the new updates make it more unstable than ever, sorry I purchased this product. It was working great, then updated controller, made some services unusable. I bought 17 speakers, recently went back to my hardwired system.
All clues lead to full implementation in next few weeks.

Yeah I agree with that. But according to everything I'm seeing this has been going on for a while so the clues are great but I'm still skeptical.

I have 30 days so I've decided I'm going to wait it out this month and see what happens. In the meantime I set up a few others and the sound is really incredible; the family is enjoying the music. But we listen to a lot of audio books - they probably make up about half of what we normally listen to in the home. No retiring the little blue tooth speakers just yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
All clues lead to full implementation in next few weeks.