Important Information for Audible Listeners

Show first post

486 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
There is nothing stopping Sonos from explaining why this has dragged on for so much longer than what customers were originally led to believe. But they don't. At this point it has practically become ludicrous. "Soon" expired months ago.
MetaGirl67 wrote:

[...] Between this and the forced privacy agreement, it's customer contempt month at Sonos. God I hope some market evolves that gives me a true alternative to this truly awful company.

The updated privacy policy is a very interesting read for it relates to Audible and Alexa. :cool:
Toolio wrote:

There is nothing stopping Sonos from explaining why this has dragged on for so much longer than what customers were originally led to believe. But they don't. At this point it has practically become ludicrous. "Soon" expired months ago.

Nothing stopping them at all, except the fact that if it really was Amazon's recently released API which held things up, throwing Amazon under the bus would be a textbook lesson in what not to do when dealing with business partner public relations.
Toolio wrote:

[...] "Soon" expired months ago.

I for my part believe Audible and Alexa are going to be released together, presumably soon past October 4th.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
jgatie wrote:

Toolio wrote:

Nothing stopping them at all, except the fact that if it really was Amazon's recently released API which held things up, throwing Amazon under the bus would be a textbook lesson in what not to do when dealing with business partner public relations.

The image of Sonos throwing Amazon under the bus is worth a chuckle. There's no bus big enough for Amazon to fit under. Sonos, IMHO, should pay more attention to its existing and potential customer base. Of course, this is all conjecture because (guess what?) Sonos does not keep customers apprised. A simple: "Because of developments currently underway with Sonos business partners, we have decided to delay implementation of (whatever) to take full advantage these developments in order to give our customers a better (whatever). Although we realize the delay could frustrate some Sonos customers, we believe it will lead to a better (whatever) with a wider range of features. We are hoping to to offer these features by (whenever), although our timeline is subject to (whatever)."
Badge
Smilja wrote:

Toolio wrote:

[...] "Soon" expired months ago.

I for my part believe Audible and Alexa are going to be released together, presumably soon past October 4th.

That's the Fall, innit?
Moozh wrote:

That's the Fall, innit?

As it is. They will fail to meet the target date "by summer" by a few days.

We know a lot of Audible fans are eager to get Audible back working on their Sonos systems and we’re pleased to announce that Sonos and Audible have committed to bringing Audible back to Sonos soon. Please bear with us—we appreciate your patience!

Audible and Sonos

Userlevel 2
Badge
Smilja wrote:

As it is. They will fail to meet the target date "by summer" by a few days.

There is, apparently, an announcement coming from Sonos on October 4th. This does not mean product availability on October 4th. Although, to get the full benefit of holiday sales Sonos can't wait too long to release something. Given the holiday time crunch, I wonder if there will even be a public beta.
Badge
BoredofBalham wrote:

Bill_29 wrote:

I think the one of the most frustrating aspects of this whole Audible mess, is the total lack of communication from Sonos regarding the issue. They drop a statement about it being reinstated in the summer, which has turned out to be misleading to say the least, and rather than give us any kind of update on the situation, we just are just met with radio silence. I don't doubt for a minute that the increasing delays are more than likely down to Audible side of the equation, but people are likely to be a bit more forgiving if Sonos at least did us the courtesy of some kind of update!

Misleading? How? Summer hasn't ended yet. Could you explain please.

Friday 22 September is officially the end of summer, so OK I was a bit early but it's the 18th now and still not a word.
Add me to those frustrated with SONOS vs Audible. Is it really a technical issue or just more money-grabbing from Bozo?
mtscott61 wrote:

Add me to those frustrated with SONOS vs Audible. Is it really a technical issue or just more money-grabbing from Bozo?

Presumably Audible and Alexa are going to be released together soon past October 4th.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)