Important Information for Audible Listeners


Show first post

438 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Ryan S wrote:

We know a lot of Audible fans are eager to get Audible back working on their Sonos systems and we’re pleased to announce that Sonos and Audible have committed to bringing Audible back to Sonos by this summer. Please bear with us—we appreciate your patience!



Thank you for letting us know.
Userlevel 1
Badge
When I cancelled my Audible account, I let them know this was the reason why.
AFT I'll believe it when I see it. This has been promised for a while.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Airgetlam wrote:

Think of it this way, Stuart_W: a reduction by 10% of the meaningless "me too/I'm angry/Sonos will fail if they don't fix this/how many years will it take/its a simple software fix" posts that pop up fairly regularly here in this community " :)



Or maybe a 10% reduction in the recurring "Sonos has nothing to do with this. What did Audible say when you contacted them?" comments. Clearly Sonos does have something to do with this, or Sonos would be not making announcements that "Sonos and Audible have committed."
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
That is an unusual announcement of timeframe for audible coming back but well needed since it has been dragging with no update for so long. Thanks Ryan.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Toolio wrote:

Airgetlam wrote:

Think of it this way, Stuart_W: a reduction by 10% of the meaningless "me too/I'm angry/Sonos will fail if they don't fix this/how many years will it take/its a simple software fix" posts that pop up fairly regularly here in this community " :)



Or maybe a 10% reduction in the recurring "Sonos has nothing to do with this. What did Audible say when you contacted them?" comments. Clearly Sonos does have something to do with this, or Sonos would be not making announcements that "Sonos and Audible have committed."



Nope. It means that Audible, as expected, is being rolled into the Alexa integration. The what did Audible say is still valid. Audible/Amazon broke it with their syncing updates which didn't work on Sonos.
This is completely and utterly down to Amazon and Audible. Sonos are involved because it involves changes their end to be able to implement the services Amazon wish to add.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
It's good news that there is an actual timeframe for it to work again. Amazon have realised the potential further revenue implications of enabling this service due to ever increasing audiobook sales.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
BoredofBalham wrote:

Toolio wrote:

Airgetlam wrote:

Think of it this way, Stuart_W: a reduction by 10% of the meaningless "me too/I'm angry/Sonos will fail if they don't fix this/how many years will it take/its a simple software fix" posts that pop up fairly regularly here in this community " :)



Or maybe a 10% reduction in the recurring "Sonos has nothing to do with this. What did Audible say when you contacted them?" comments. Clearly Sonos does have something to do with this, or Sonos would be not making announcements that "Sonos and Audible have committed."



Nope. It means that Audible, as expected, is being rolled into the Alexa integration. The what did Audible say is still valid. Audible/Amazon broke it with their syncing updates which didn't work on Sonos.
This is completely and utterly down to Amazon and Audible. Sonos are involved because it involves changes their end to be able to implement the services Amazon wish to add.



And the broken record never stops playing. The fact of the matter is, Sonos' involvement in fixing the problem goes against the many comments to the effect of "Amazon/Audible broke it, Amazon/Audible must fix it...blah, blah, blah" Maybe, just maybe, it is in the best interest of Sonos to be proactive and make its own changes to keep their customer base happy. Of course, I realize the comments by you or just about anybody in this community (except Sonos employees) about what Sonos does/doesn't/intends/doesn't intend are for the most part idle speculation. And it seems in this case it won't be just Audible involved in providing for the return of Audible. As for "what did Audible say" being valid, I don't recall in my post above apportioning blame for the problem; I was talking about efforts to fix the problem.
BoredofBalham wrote:

Audible/Amazon broke it with their syncing updates which didn't work on Sonos.



Toolio is correct. Sonos removed audible support in an update because it was incompatible with a Sonos firmware update. Sonos owners who didn't update their speakers were able to still play their locally downloaded audible books for months and months after.

The fact it took 2 years to bring it back is a black spot for both companies imo.
Insertusernamehere wrote:

BoredofBalham wrote:

Audible/Amazon broke it with their syncing updates which didn't work on Sonos.



Toolio is correct. Sonos removed audible support in an update because it was incompatible with a Sonos firmware update. Sonos owners who didn't update their speakers were able to still play their locally downloaded audible books for months and months after.

The fact it took 2 years to bring it back is a black spot for both companies imo.



Until an Amason update finally made Audible incompatible with all Sonos releases past and present, exactly as Sonos predicted they would when they pulled the support.

Talk about broken records.
So, does this mean Alexa also won't be available in Sonos until the Summer? Yikes!
Badge
When I'm having too good of a day I like to drop by this thread to remind myself what it feels like to be treated with patronizing contempt by a company. You don't publicly share timelines, or Audible will work again sometime this summer? Which is it? Whichever serves the immediate interest of Sonos apparently, with no consideration of what the customer might need to make decisions for themselves over months and years. Ugh.
I'm gonna freaking sell my Sonos if you don't.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
So your criticizing them for actually sharing the timeline?
Your last update was 2.5 months ago -- please update. We are waiting - somewhat impatiently!
Laineybirdy wrote:

Your last update was 2.5 months ago -- please update. We are waiting - somewhat impatiently!



Do you think something has changed from the promised delivery this summer? Better still, do you believe Sonos is going to suddenly give an exact date of release when they have never done so before?
I'll be so happy when they sort this out...
duncan.zuill wrote:

I'll be so happy when they sort this out...



Its only been 2 years, whats another 5 months amiright?
So after another year the patience is wearing a little thin for the premium price sonos charges you would expect them to have had the money and time to have sorted this out... I see you have done a deal with audiobooks whilst leaving Audible to rot... Fix it please I miss my Audible service through sonos... Seriously WTF Sonos???
OZPICIOUS wrote:

So after another year the patience is wearing a little thin for the premium price sonos charges you would expect them to have had the money and time to have sorted this out... I see you have done a deal with audiobooks whilst leaving Audible to rot... Fix it please I miss my Audible service through sonos... Seriously WTF Sonos???

Welcome back. Why the multiple IDs?
Well I only have 1 account so don't know where that comment is coming from but if you work for SONOS in any way I guess your attitude accounts a lot for why 2 years later we're still waiting for SONOS and Audible to get it together...
John B wrote:

OZPICIOUS wrote:

So after another year the patience is wearing a little thin for the premium price sonos charges you would expect them to have had the money and time to have sorted this out... I see you have done a deal with audiobooks whilst leaving Audible to rot... Fix it please I miss my Audible service through sonos... Seriously WTF Sonos???

Welcome back. Why the multiple IDs?

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/audible-6734749/index3.html Just keeps moving to a new discussion and nothing happens...
So, one month to go until the start of summer - Sonos, are you going to meet your deadline?
Badge +1
Don't worry, deadline will be met; four months, two days to go 'til Sep 21st.
The statement said "by this summer" Summer starts either on 1st June or 20th June depending on which view you take (astronomical vs meteorological). So we really don't have long to wait. I'm sure Sonos won't miss the deadline they set themselves.

Reply

    • :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)