If This Then Sonos

• 7 September 2018
  • 60 replies

Show first post

60 replies

I`m struggling to understand the way to create the siri shortcut or the shortcut app. using the url from the webhook.
... The Play Stream is designed for use with longer content, such as internet radio...

Where can I find some documentation on the "play stream" applet? I've spent a little over 2 hours putting URL variations in the URL field (streaming news, spotify web playlist, podcast link, specific podcast episode link, and so on), and I'm starting to conclude that there's either a bug or there just weren't any UX folks available when that feature shipped. I've looked all over the internet for some documentation. Does it exist?
... The Play Stream is designed for use with longer content, such as internet radio...

Where can I find some documentation on the "play stream" applet? I've spent a little over 2 hours putting URL variations in the URL field (streaming news, spotify web playlist, podcast link, specific podcast episode link, and so on), and I'm starting to conclude that there's either a bug or there just weren't any UX folks available when that feature shipped. I've looked all over the internet for some documentation. Does it exist?

You need to ask IFTTT.

https://help.ifttt.com/hc/en-us
i miss the option for shuffle function the most
Hi there,

I use the Sonos applet on IFTTT to work with my Ring Floodlight Cam to make doorbell sounds on all Sonos speakers when motion is detected.

This groups all speakers and plans a Sonos favourite, however the speakers stay grouped and with the doorbell song queued. Meaning, if I’m listening to anything on any of the speakers before this is triggered, I have to manually hngroup the speakers and find the previous song or station and play it now.

Can this be automatically resumed at all? This works perfectly well when using the plugin at https://github.com/jishi/node-sonos-http-api

Can this please be investigated and implemented if possible?
Hi, I am really looking forward to integration ifttt as well with my Sonos but I ran in to a problem activating the applet. When I want to choose a room/device ifttt returns an error and the room drop-down just says 'loading'. My favourites are populated though. I tried revoking the permissions and activating them again but no joy. Any idea how I can debug this further?

hi, did you already find a solution for this problem? Same problem here though it doesn’t even show up any playlists!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Ryan S Can Sonos please expand the IFTTT functionality to be able to setup a single applet in IFFTT that can:

1. Play something other than a Sonos Favorite b/c Sonos Playlists or Amazon Music Playlists are not showing up in IFTTT Sonos applets
  2. Create and play to a room group defined in the IFTTT applet
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hey Miked13, I’ll pass along the request for you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Ryan S Thank you Ryan!

@Ryan S Can Sonos please expand the IFTTT functionality to be able to setup a single applet in IFFTT that can:

1. Play something other than a Sonos Favorite b/c Sonos Playlists or Amazon Music Playlists are not showing up in IFTTT Sonos applets
  2. Create and play to a room group defined in the IFTTT applet

I am away from my system at the moment, but I am pretty sure I have added playlists to my Favorites to make them playable with Alexa.  OK - it’s not as good as if all the playlists listed automatically, but it can be done.