Groove Music Now Available on Sonos

• 16 September 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • Community Manager
  • 11694 replies
Today we completed our beta for Groove Music and the service is now fully available on Sonos. You can add Groove Music along with any of our other music partners under Music Services > Add a Service or by going to Settings > Service Settings.

Find out more about Groove Music by Microsoft on our blog post here.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Cool, Thanks. Don't have the Music Pass myself but the OneDrive integration is very welcome, time to wave my NAS goodbye, won't shed any tears...
I read about this in Gabe Aul's blog post and couldn't be more happy. It works perfectly. This might save me having to buy a new NAS box to hold all my music since I've already moved it to OneDrive and can now access it more easily.
Hi! I purchased a Sonos Connect and two Play:1 speakers *just* so I could stream my Groove Music subscription and playlists! This is awesome.

That said, I set everything up today and it worked well for about two hours. Then, all of a sudden, the music stops playing after one or two songs. It doesn't matter if the music is on OneDrive or on the Groove store. The issue occurs in both situations.

Please help!

Thanks!
Jared

P.S. I submitted a diagnostic in case it helps: 4917665
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi! I purchased a Sonos Connect and two Play:1 speakers *just* so I could stream my Groove Music subscription and playlists! This is awesome.

That said, I set everything up today and it worked well for about two hours. Then, all of a sudden, the music stops playing after one or two songs. It doesn't matter if the music is on OneDrive or on the Groove store. The issue occurs in both situations.

Please help!

Thanks!
Jared

P.S. I submitted a diagnostic in case it helps: 4917665

Hi Jared, the diagnostic helps a lot. It's usually best to make a new thread asking for assistance than replying to the announcement post, this isn't the best place to do any troubleshooting with the community.

That said, there's a lot of interference on the wireless there likely causing your trouble. Have you had issues with any other music services or sources of music?

I'd recommend changing the wireless channel on your Sonos system off of channel one. There are a lot of wireless networks around at the time of the diagnostic, the strongest was on channel 8, a network called Brown 2.4ghz. If that's one of yours, it'd be best to adjust that network too. Wireless networks overlap channels 3 widths higher and lower. So that strong one on channel 8 causes noise up through 11 and down to 5, leaving 1 as the only clear one for Sonos. But there are a lot of others around on channel 1.

Getting the wireless environment clear can sometimes be a tricky thing to do, but we recommend starting with a basic change, and leaving the system for a good 10-20 minutes so everything around can adapt.

Let us know how it goes.
I adjusted the channels and that seemed to work! Had a great experience yesterday.

I'll keep testing and let you know if I run into any issues (in a new post). Thank you!