Service News

Google Assistant entering Denmark and Sweden on Sonos

• 17 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • Community Manager
  • 11519 replies

Starting today, Google Assistant is available on Sonos in Denmark and Sweden. You’ll want to make  sure your system is up to date by checking under Settings > System > Software Updates. Once updated, all microphone-enabled Sonos players will be able to add the Google Assistant as a voice assistant. Please note that you can only have one voice assistant enabled on a single player at a time.

Control your music, get answers to questions, manage everyday tasks, and more— simply by using your voice. Find out more about the Google Assistant with Sonos on our website here and on our blog, “12 Ways the Google Assistant Will Enhance Your Sonos Listening Experience”.

You can find out all about Google Assistant on our original announcement thread, ‘Sonos welcomes the Google Assistant’. 

If you’re in one of the countries where the Google Assistant is now available, you can find out more on our page here for controlling Sonos with Google Home devices or adding the Google Assistant to a Beam or One. I’ll add the directions below as well. 

The Google Assistant can control basic playback, such as skipping or pausing music on Sonos, and can start music from Deezer, Google Play Music, Pandora, Spotify, and YouTube Music (depending on the service’s availability in your country). 

With the Google Assistant on Sonos you can play music, find answers courtesy of Google Search, plan your day, set timers, and easily control smart devices around your home. You’ll also be able to use features specific to Google Assistant, like continued conversation, meaning you can ask the Google Assistant a series of questions without having to say “Hey Google” every time. 

We’ll continue to bring more actions and functionality to the experience over time through software updates. 

We have a pretty comprehensive list here of basic commands, but there are always more to discover.

7 replies

Still doesent work in dk. My system is updated but no voice services is available!
Kristian, is your Sonos account on sonos.com set to DK?
Cant maks it work. When i reach the google Assistant app during setup, is is not able to find any Sonos devices. It just searches forever without any result.
same skit her 😖😖
Cant maks it work. When i reach the google Assistant app during setup, is is not able to find any Sonos devices. It just searches forever without any result.
Hello TBDK and Tgtr, after an unsuccessful setup, can you please go to app preferences > send diagnostic, and post the diagnostic?
Userlevel 2
Badge +8
Not working. Did send diagnostic. Setup is in a endless annoying loop. After two year’s of waiting. Gosh.

Question: will I have to change my Sonos login to a gmail to make it work? Hope not. Or what do you mean by google account?
any idea when the update for assisatnt will hit europe\cyprus?

Thanks.