Exciting Partnerships in the Queue

• 3 October 2017
  • 82 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

82 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Ok, so then I'm assuming if all I have is a current Play:1 and Connect, then I won't be getting AirPlay 2 support unless I add new hardware.
That's correct. But you could add a Sonos One to that, and you'd have not just an Airplay 2 available speaker, but you'd also have one that's voice-enabled.
Will Airplay 2 come to existing speakers and the Connect and Connect Amp or just new speakers released from now on?
Airplay 2 will be available on newer players to target. We'll share more as development progresses. You should be able to pick a room that has the needed hardware and it'll play to others grouped to it, including older units that might not have the chip. Stay tuned, more to come in the future.

Ok, so then I'm assuming if all I have is a current Play:1 and Connect, then I won't be getting AirPlay 2 support unless I add new hardware.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Will Airplay 2 come to existing speakers and the Connect and Connect Amp or just new speakers released from now on?
Airplay 2 will be available on newer players to target. We'll share more as development progresses. You should be able to pick a room that has the needed hardware and it'll play to others grouped to it, but we're not settled yet on all the details. Stay tuned, more to come in the future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
nice work Sonos !
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I hope you know that I will demand to know the reason for the delay when this isn't ready on March 19th.
:P

*All times may be subject to change.
🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
This is a surprising update that I hope people don't miss. It's great to see you've got some big items coming, especially support for long-suffering Audible fans.

We’re excited to announce that Sonos is bringing Airplay 2 to our platform, available next spring

I hope you know that I will demand to know the reason for the delay when this isn't ready on March 19th.
😛