Apple Music Now Available in Beta on Sonos

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • Community Manager
  • 11615 replies
The beta of Apple Music on Sonos is out now. You’re only a few minutes away from more than 30 million songs on demand, Apple’s live station Beats 1, playlists from Apple’s Music Editors, and more.

If you’ve already signed up to be a part of the Apple Music beta test, you’ll be prompted to update within the Sonos app. If you haven’t signed up yet, you can still join the beta and start using Apple Music by following a few quick steps:

Open the Sonos App
Tap Settings
Tap Advanced Settings
Select Beta Program
Select Join the Beta Program

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the sign-up. Once you’ve joined beta program, you’ll be prompted to update within the app.

To add the Apple Music beta to Sonos, go the Sonos music menu on your Sonos app on an iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. Select Apple Music from the list (you can find it quickly by selecting ‘beta’ from the pull-down in the upper-left corner) and follow the rest of the instructions on screen. If you’re not already a member of Apple Music, you also find an option to sign up for a free 3-month trial.

Beta isn’t perfect but it’s a really solid preview. We want to hear from you while you’re testing to share your experience, glitches, and favorite elements. Beta test the living heck out of it, and with your input, we’ll continue putting the finishing touches on it before the final version comes out early next year.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

330 replies

Badge
Works great. Easy set up. Now we just need audible and my sonos system will be perfect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Works great. Easy set up. Now we just need audible and my sonos system will be perfect.

Glad you're liking it, we'll let everyone know as soon as there's news on Audible. In the mean time, enjoy Apple Music!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Fantastic! A really good beta and excellent functionality. Two small snags noticed....

1. A few of my albums on Apple Music are missing in Sonos (under albums) but the individual tracks appear under the 'tracks' listing.
2. Some full albums I have in my Apple Music library are missing tracks when accessing via Sonos.

Other than that, great job and really loving the link up!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Fantastic! A really good beta and excellent functionality. Two small snags noticed....

1. A few of my albums on Apple Music are missing in Sonos (under albums) but the individual tracks appear under the 'tracks' listing.
2. Some full albums I have in my Apple Music library are missing tracks when accessing via Sonos.

Other than that, great job and really loving the link up!

Thanks for sharing, we'd like to take a closer look into the missing tracks. I'm going to put a ticket together for you with our beta team and one of them will be reaching out via email.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks Ryan, that would be excellent and much appreciated.
I need some help getting the Apple Music update. I am in the beta program, i was prompted to update my Sonos iOS applications, which are now at version 6.1 build 31824090a. I was not prompted to update my controllers, which are still at 6.0 build 313222220. When I click Settings, Online Updates, I get no update required. Apple Music does not appear under Beta Services. Does anyone no how to fix this? Thanks, John
After following every step joining the beta-program, apple music does not show up in "add music services". Anyone knows how to deal with it? Does it have anything to do with my being in Asia (a different time zone?)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I need some help getting the Apple Music update. I am in the beta program, i was prompted to update my Sonos iOS applications, which are now at version 6.1 build 31824090a. I was not prompted to update my controllers, which are still at 6.0 build 313222220. When I click Settings, Online Updates, I get no update required. Apple Music does not appear under Beta Services. Does anyone no how to fix this? Thanks, John

Hi John,

The Sonos App for this beta is available in Apple and Android app stores directly. On your phone you can just go to the app store and download the correct version. Let us know if you have any trouble.
Under "My Music" Genre appears to be missing. I am seeing Artists, Albums, Songs and Playlists only. Are there plans to add this in at a later date?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
After following every step joining the beta-program, apple music does not show up in "add music services". Anyone knows how to deal with it? Does it have anything to do with my being in Asia (a different time zone?)?

Apple Music should be available in all regions it's supported now. Do you mind submiting a diagnostic from your Sonos system and replying back with your confirmation number? We'll make sure you're on the right version. After joining the beta there should have been an update available for your system, did that show up?
Asia should be fine, I am getting it in India from the time Sonos released the beta.

Apple Music should be available in all regions it's supported now. Do you mind submiting a diagnostic from your Sonos system and replying back with your confirmation number? We'll make sure you're on the right version. After joining the beta there should have been an update available for your system, did that show up?

Hi Ryan, I also do not see the Apple Music under beta Music Services. I have updated to 6.1 through the App Store, and am in the beta program. My iOS app shows as 6.1 build 31824090a. I submitted a diagnostic report, confirmation 5240398. Thank you for an excellent set of products and good luck with the beta. I appreciate your responsiveness.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi Ryan,

I'm in the same situation... In Beta, updated iOS App, not seeing "Apple Music" yet.

Here's my Diagnostics Confirmation Number: 5240416

Thank you.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I updated Sonos within the iOS App and OS X App, but apple music did not show up in either of them. I've just submitted a diagnostic info using iOS App, and the confirmation number was 5240401.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@John4101, from that diagnostic it doesn't look like your players have been updated yet. Can you check for software updates using your controller to get all your players on to the correct build?

@BrianNewell, it's exactly the same for you, your players are also showing the older version of software on them.

Under "My Music" Genre appears to be missing. I am seeing Artists, Albums, Songs and Playlists only. Are there plans to add this in at a later date?

We don't have any details to share right now, but thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on to the team for you.
Hello,

I had the same problem. Downloaded the update from the app store and joined beta. No Apple Music.

I fixed it by going to settings>advanced settings. Disabled Auto Check for updates click done. Went back in and turned it back on. Clicked Done.

An update in the SONOS app popped up under the menu. Downloaded it through the app.

Apple Music showed up.

Hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thank you for the prompt reply. I updated Sonos within the iOS App and OS X App, but apple music did not show up in either of them. I've just submitted a diagnostic info using iOS App, and the confirmation number was 5240401.

Thanks for that diagnostic, unfortunately Apple Music isn't available in Taiwan, where your system is registered. This is why it isn't showing. To get a full list of the countries Apple Music is available please see here: http://www.apple.com/music/country-availability/
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have the same problem, but I updated the app first, then joined beta program... don't see apple music as a selection. what do I do?

anthony degiarde

Thanks for that diagnostic, unfortunately Apple Music isn't available in Taiwan, where your system is registered. This is why it isn't showing. To get a full list of the countries Apple Music is available please see here: http://www.apple.com/music/country-availability/

Are you sure that is the problem with my system?
I use iTunes with a US account, and has been using apple music since its launch without any problem.
I am having the same issue here in the Netherlands. Apple Music isn't available. My diagnostics confirmation number is 5240543.
Userlevel 2
Badge
@John4101, from that diagnostic it doesn't look like your players have been updated yet. Can you check for software updates using your controller to get all your players on to the correct build?

@BrianNewell, it's exactly the same for you, your players are also showing the older version of software on them.

Thanks Ryan. I've tried the iOS App (6.1 build 31824090a) "Settings > Online Updates" and the Mac App (6.0 build 31322220) "Sonos > Check for Updates" and both return "No Update Required, Your Sonos system is up to date."

Anything else I can try?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Are you sure that is the problem with my system?
I use iTunes with a US account, and has been using apple music since its launch without any problem.

The services listing is based on the country you're in, it won't show Apple Music if you're system thinks it's in a country the service isn't available for.

I have the same problem, but I updated the app first, then joined beta program... don't see apple music as a selection. what do I do?

Hi Anthony,

Do you mind submiting a diagnostic from your Sonos system and replying back with your confirmation number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks Ryan. I've tried the iOS App (6.1 build 31824090a) "Settings > Online Updates" and the Mac App (6.0 build 31322220) "Sonos > Check for Updates" and both return "No Update Required, Your Sonos system is up to date."

Anything else I can try?

Looking over your account again, it seems your system hasn't been signed up for the beta yet. Can you make sure you've joined the beta on your system?

First, open the Sonos app on your iOS device or Android phone. From the home menu, go to Settings, then Advanced Settings, then Beta Program, and then tap Join Beta Program.

After joining the Sonos Beta Program, update your Sonos system by tapping the “Update Now” prompt at the top of your main menu. When the update is complete, choose Add Music Services in the home menu, select Apple Music, then tap Add Account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I am having the same issue here in the Netherlands. Apple Music isn't available. My diagnostics confirmation number is 5240543.

Thanks for the diagnostic, it looks like you're in the same boat as BrianNewell above, your system hasn't joined the beta yet.

First, open the Sonos app on your iOS device or Android phone. From the home menu, go to Settings, then Advanced Settings, then Beta Program, and then tap Join Beta Program.

After joining the Sonos Beta Program, update your Sonos system by tapping the “Update Now” prompt at the top of your main menu. When the update is complete, choose Add Music Services in the home menu, select Apple Music, then tap Add Account.
The controller says I am in the beta. Should I try to leave the beta and re-join, or is that a risky move?