Amazon Music Now Available in Sonos Public Beta

Show first post

116 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
One last try...
Open your Amazon Music app on your iPhone. The home page shows Prime Music, then Your Library, then Recent Activity. Tap on Prime Music, and you'll see the categories I was referring to - Recommended, Stations, Playlists and Spotlight. Are these now visible in the Amazon Music Library area within the Sonos controller?
Userlevel 1
Badge
the UI is different (as expected) in ios & SONOS
I take some screenshots and post the links
Userlevel 1
Badge
the UI is different (as expected) in ios & SONOS
Here are some screenshots from my iPhone let me know if you want a specific screenshot

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ned3twreelpsdt5/AADmZn-Kfz1xVh8dtb_ZuMdLa?dl=0
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
We wanted to update everyone here that Amazon Music for Prime subscribers is now available on Sonos in new countries, now including the United Kingdom, Germany and Austria. Take a look here for more details.
What happened to Ryan's announcement that it was now available in Germany and UK as well as US? It was on-line for about 30 minutes and has now disappeared!

Anyway I have added it without any problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Weird indeed. The post has been removed.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
At least Prime Music is still working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
My post is back, the announcement is also up. Sorry for any confusion.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Jumped the gun? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
testcard wrote:

Jumped the gun? :)

The service was available but we wanted to make sure all the "i"s were dotted and "T"s were crossed before drawing too much attention 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
And presumably double checking that someone at Sonos had paid the £79 Amazon Prime subscription. 😛
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
How do you search/find new music on Amazon Prime, I see playlists and my library but nothing else?

When I do a search in the Sonos search, nothing from Amazon shows up.

The only way I seem to be able to be able to get new music is to open the Amazon Music Android app, find a song, add it to my library, it is then available in the Sonos app under my Amazon library
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yes, that's it Dave
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Stuart_W wrote:

Yes, that's it Dave

Not as good a user-experience as Google Music then.

Does anyone know if this will be improved? eg so you can search Amazon Prime from within the Sonos app
dave77 wrote:

Does anyone know if this will be improved? eg so you can search Amazon Prime from within the Sonos app

Even the Amazon Apps require you to add to your library before playing. The difference being that you can search the Prime tracks and add them directly from the web or app. Kenneth from Sonos has stated that they are looking to add this functionality in the future. See this link for the statement:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/amazon-prime-uk-6736587/index1.html#post16007567
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
jgatie wrote:

dave77 wrote:

Even the Amazon Apps require you to add to your library before playing. The difference being that you can search the Prime tracks and add them directly from the web or app. Kenneth from Sonos has stated that they are looking to add this functionality in the future. See this link for the statement:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/amazon-prime-uk-6736587/index1.html#post16007567

Ah great, at least it's coming.

For me using it by myself it is fine, the issues when somebody else is using it, party, babysitter etc etc They can't access new music

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings