Amazon Music Now Available in Sonos Public Beta

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

135 replies

If we all send an email to Amazon maybe they will listen and give support to UK / Rest of world. It is that or just move to Apple music or Spotify.
I've been reading through this thread and think I understand, finally. I can access all music when on Prime through laptop but can only access certain, ie purchased and 'allowed' Prime music through Sonos on speaker?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I've been reading through this thread and think I understand, finally. I can access all music when on Prime through laptop but can only access certain, ie purchased and 'allowed' Prime music through Sonos on speaker?

Not really.

If you are in a country (US and ??) where Amazon have allowed Amazon Prime Music through Sonos then you can stream all the same music to Sonos as you would if you logged into APM on your computer or tablet/smartphone app.

But if you are in a country where Amazon don't allow APM through Sonos yet (UK +??) you can as you say get APM on your Computer and tablet but not through Sonos. You will still be able to stream Amazon Music which will be mp3s you have purchased or ripped versions of CDs you have bought (if eligible).
In the UK so full APM isn't available. As my husband owns music shop I'm not too gutted. Didn't know about APM when we bought sonos so it was a pleasant surprise anyway! Thanks for your reply.
All my music has been backed up to Amazon and Google...I've added both of them to Sonos....but can't seem to get them to work...been trying for days....searched and searched...but no luck 'till now.....any tips?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
All my music has been backed up to Amazon and Google...I've added both of them to Sonos....but can't seem to get them to work...been trying for days....searched and searched...but no luck 'till now.....any tips?

If you've added the services they should show up as searchable and able to play any tracks from them. It'd be best if we had some more details on what you're experiencing. To resolve this fastest, you might want to give us a call on our support line so a technician can assist live.
Still disappointed by the lack of progress on this one to be honest. Ryan, is it possible that I can change my country to the US then? I can access prime services via US Amazon due to their joined up thinking in the way they handle their accounts so now it's a regional limitation of my account in Sonos preventing the service from being made available to me.
Still no Amazon Prime in the UK. Sonos - please inform Amazon next time you speak to them that this Prime customer is ditching it because I can't get the benefit of Prime Music with Sonos.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have just added an album by London Grammar in my ios amazon prime app to 'My Library'
Then gone to SONOS and its there.
So its eventually working now folks!
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
But not Amazon Prime Music on Sonos in the UK.
Userlevel 1
Badge
yes amazon Prime UK I live in North Wales
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
OK, you can see the music in Your Library, but can you see Prime Music Stations, Playlists and Spotlight?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Something else is happening dean76, I'm a Prime Member but don't see music I haven't purchased on the Sonos service
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Essentially nothing has changed.
Userlevel 1
Badge
To confirm the ios app is 'amazon music'
The add add music services on SONOS is 'amazon music'
The album I added on my iPhone to My Music is a Prime album I dont own.
When going to SONOS and clicking 'amazon music' then 'your library' + 'artists' London Grammar is 100% there!

It definitely works.
Userlevel 1
Badge
To confirm the ios app is 'amazon music'
The add add music services on SONOS is 'amazon music'
The album I added on my iPhone to My Music is a Prime album I dont own.
When going to SONOS and clicking 'amazon music' then 'your library' + 'artists' London Grammar is 100% there!
Hope this helps,
It definitely works in UK
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
But can you see the other services I mentioned in my earlier post?
Userlevel 1
Badge
sorry for the duplicate how do I delete a post this firum has really changed since years ago 😞
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi Testcard

I can see
Under Prime Music:
Prime Playlists
Prime Stations

Also there is a
Your Library tab
Playlists
Artists
Albums
Tracks
Genre

They've finally switched it on thank you Mr Bezos.
Userlevel 1
Badge
To answer you question about 'spotlight' if I now search london grammar
the album appears under Amazon Music

Hope this helps, I dont think you believed me before!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It's not that we don't believe you but I'm in the UK and when I go to "Amazon Music Library" in Sonos I am ONLY seeing my purchased music so NOT all the Amazon Prime Music.

I would very much like it to be available but it doesn't seem to be for me.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Which is why I asked dean76 if he could see categories other than Your Library in the Sonos controller. In other words, Sonos mirroring the iOS app categories.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I am a GPM subscriber and the london grammar album is not on GPM buf it is on amazon prime.
I have been a Prime member for 8 years and have the 4 referrals.

I have just typed david bowie in ios app clicked let's dance to add to my library
Gone to SONOS and let's dance is there I never not bought either of these two albums.
Try deleting your ios app (if you have an iPhone)
remove amazon music on sonos and then re add.
The link was amazon.com but as I say I live in the UK & entered my .co.uk username & password
(I have bought from amazon.com in the past).
Userlevel 1
Badge
testcard

yes
the categories as my post #94
under Your Library
Userlevel 1
Badge
ps have you guys got iPhones or android devices?