Amazon Music Now Available in Sonos Public Beta

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
  • Community Manager
  • 11104 replies
We’re excited to announce that Amazon Music is now entering public beta on Sonos. We’ve had a great partner in Amazon with Amazon Music (now named Amazon Music Library on Sonos), cloud streaming for your music library. We’re very pleased to improve that framework with access to the full Amazon Music streaming service.

Amazon Music is available in the United States, free for all Amazon Prime subscribers. The service includes Prime Stations, professionally curated playlists, and full access to their on demand music library of artists, albums, and songs.

You can read more about adding your Amazon Prime account and using the new service here. Please note that Amazon Music Library is still available as a service, Amazon Music will be available as well if you’re on the public beta.

Find out more about Amazon Music on Sonos on our blog here: http://blog.sonos.com/news/stream-amazon-music-to-sonos-speakers.

Please note, the Sonos public beta is available for Android, Mac and Windows PC controllers only. Though iOS controllers will be able to play music with the new Amazon Music service, you will need to use a different controller to add the service to Sonos once you're on beta. The iOS controllers will have limited settings since they can't update. Let us know if you have any questions.

135 replies

Ryan,
Amazon music and the streaming service is available in the UK, and has been since early summer. Is it also available via Sonos in the UK?
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Ryan,
Amazon music and the streaming service is available in the UK, and has been since early summer. Is it also available via Sonos in the UK?

Amazon Music is only available on Sonos in the US. We're working to bring Amazon Prime Music to Sonos in the countries it's streaming in for the future, but we don't have a timeframe to announce currently. We'll let everyone know when there's news to share.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Nice addition and unexpected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Works well. You need to go in the Amazon website to add albums to your prime library. Otherwise you have access in the Sonos app to artist radio and recommended playlists. Once you go to Amazon website and add album to your prime the prime albums now show up under your library (they didn't previously in the old version only purchased)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Your purchases also show up in the new app. So if your Amazon prime you don't need the old Amazon app. The old version would only be for non prime members who want to access purchased albums only.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Stop being so pedandic about country support. While Amazon Music is not launched globally, you can still use it in countries that are not officially launched.

I can use the Amazon Music Android app and also Apps on other platforms. But Sonos has to put geo blocks in? why when Amazon doesnt even put geo blocks in?

Just open it up for everyone to use.:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would assume Amazon has geographically blocked. They have to have proper licensing you know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
+1 for UK support
The link you provided does not actually help one set up amazon prime music in sonos. I have joined beta, I added "Amazon Music Library", but none of my prime music shows up. Can you please update your directions so that they clearly walk us through the entire process, rather than having 3 separate links with directions for how to do one piece of this? It's so frustrating that every time I try to do something in sonos that seems like it should be simple, I end up having to spend an hour fighting with the system and eventually give up.

We’re excited to announce that Amazon Music is now entering public beta on Sonos. We’ve had a great partner in Amazon with Amazon Music (now named Amazon Music Library on Sonos), cloud streaming for your music library. We’re very pleased to improve that framework with access to the full Amazon Music streaming service.

Amazon Music is available in the United States, free for all Amazon Prime subscribers. The service includes Prime Stations, professionally curated playlists, and full access to their on demand music library of artists, albums, and songs.

You can read more about adding your Amazon Prime account and using the new service here. Please note that Amazon Music Library is still available as a service, Amazon Music will be available as well if you’re on the public beta.

Find out more about Amazon Music on Sonos on our blog here: http://blog.sonos.com/news/stream-amazon-music-to-sonos-speakers.

Please note, the Sonos public beta is available for Android, Mac and Windows PC controllers only. Though iOS controllers will be able to play music with the new Amazon Music service, you will need to use a different controller to add the service to Sonos once you're on beta. The iOS controllers will have limited settings since they can't update. Let us know if you have any questions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Lauren - you installed the wrong Sonos app. Under services there is Amazon Music Library (the old version that does not pull in prime). There is one just called Amazon Music ... it is under the beta category you have to chose at the top.

Install the "Amazon Music" beta app and all will be good.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It may also be under Sonos Labs, then select Amazon Music, depending on what controller you're using.

Amazon Music Library is if you're not a Prime subscriber, and just want access to any music you've uploaded or purchased through Amazon.
Under the beta program I only see a download for an Android client. The text says that there is also a PC/Mac client. Has anyone found this or gotten it working with a mac?
When you sign up for the beta, your Mac app will require an update. Choose to update and you will get the beta version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It should update in app once you activate beta. Look for update now above music service icons.
Thanks for the help. Working perfectly now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Thanks for the help. Working perfectly now.

Glad you're all set.

@Lauren_1, how are you doing? The suggestions from Chris and MikeV are correct. You'll want to add Amazon Music (the Prime service) to Sonos. Amazon Music Library is just your cloud library which we had previously on Sonos.
Please keep us updated as to when this will be available for UK Prime customers. It will be a good addition as Prime is now extremely popular in the UK.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
if I were to, ahem, use a US vpn on my router to set this up in the UK would it continue to work once the vpn is disconnected ? i.e. is the check only to add the service or is it permanent ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Ahem. You would have to have your country in your sonos account set to US to see app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Ahem. You would have to have your country in your sonos account set to US to see app.

thanks ! darnit 😠
+1 for Amazon Prime UK support. Would be good to know timeline ASAP.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I would also like to see this working in the UK.
Please can we have more info on when this will come to the UK? Is there a reason why we need to wait?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would Assume these questions need directed to Amazon. May be some licensing verbage they need to have addressed before flipping the switch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos doesn't determine availability. The source partner does.