Amazon Music HD Available on Sonos

Related products: Partner News

Amazon Music HD, Amazon’s new high-quality music tier for streaming in CD-quality is available today on Sonos in Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. You can now stream over 50 million tracks in CD-quality (16-bit HD) audio through the Sonos app.

Amazon Music HD is available as an add-on to Amazon Music Unlimited subscriptions for an additional $4.99 per month (on top of the noraml Amazon Music Unlimited subscription) or $50 per year. Check out the Amazon Music HD page here on Amazon for more details.

After subscribing, to use Amazon Music HD on Sonos, just update your Sonos app then add Amazon Music as a music service. That’s all it takes to be streaming Amazon Music’s catalog of CD-quality audio on Sonos.

Find out more about Amazon Music HD on Sonos here.

When set to uncompressed audio, the analog line-in on Sonos players (not the TV input on the home theater players) will convert incoming audio streams into 44.1/16 bit WAV. If you’re sending a higher bit rate into that input, it’ll go through the DAC (as all incoming signals are converted to digital so they can be sent across the network) and converted before played. 

As far as I know, Airplay streams in lossless ALAC 44.1/16 bit even if the source is a higher bitrate, Airplay will compress it to 44.1/16 bit before sending it over your network. 

What the hell happened?   Now Amazon says Sonos is not supported for HD, and it is Sonos that is blocking this.  
I know that “ultra” isn’t possible, but we can’t even stream CD quality now.
Amazon’s “ultra hd” playlists used to appear but now are gone.

What the hell happened?   Now Amazon says Sonos is not supported for HD, and it is Sonos that is blocking this.  

I wonder if Quobuz is supported.

Is it just Amazon HD that is not supported or any Hi-Rez service?

Do you have a source?

That’s odd, as my Amazon Music HD service in the Sonos App is showing HD playlists here on my iPhone.🤔

That’s odd, as my Amazon Music HD service in the Sonos App is showing HD playlists here on my iPhone.🤔

I can confirm as a Sonos representative that Amazon Music HD is still available on Sonos as a supported music service. I’m not sure what you heard from Amazon, perhaps there was a miscommunication with timbotwiddly and the person he spoke with.

Hi getjams, the team is working on bringing Amazon Unlimited HD streams to Sonos using voice control with Alexa, more to come soon and we’ll share here when it’s available.

Will this be part of the new release in June?

Is Amazon Music HD worth getting?

Is Amazon Music HD worth getting?

Just sighed up sounds great thank you Sonos And amazon for this

Now that S2 is released and Sonos Arc, will Sonos support the UHD/3D formats from Amazon Music HD?

Now that S2 is released and Sonos Arc, will Sonos support the UHD/3D formats from Amazon Music HD?

not at the moment it is still 16bit 44.1khz cd quality  this may change in the future sonos does not release a schedule of when features will be added. let sonos know your interested in getting hi res streaming on sonos S2 products.  currently sonos can from a computer or nas play up to 24bit  44.1 to 48khz in flac or alac. but not streaming yet.