Alexa, Play Apple Music on Sonos

• 17 April 2019
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

Ok so I have linked my Apple Music account with Alexa on my Sonos One. Every time I ask Alexa to play any song, artist or playlist I get '' I could not find that on Apple Music '' . I have tried to unlink my apple music account , reboot my sonos, deleting amazon alexa app and nothing !!! Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?Did you set Apple Music as the default MSP in your Alexa App “Settings/Music” and also install the service in the Sonos App within “Settings/My Music Services”?

Yes I did set apple music as my default msp in the Alexa app and it's also linked to my Sonos app . I have previously used Amazon music on my Alexa as apple music was not available in Ireland before. My Amazon music subscription has expired now but i can still see my "inactive" account linked to Alexa app . I don't know how to unlink it ! Maybe this is causing the issue even though it's not set as primary msp ?
Ok so I have linked my Apple Music account with Alexa on my Sonos One. Every time I ask Alexa to play any song, artist or playlist I get '' I could not find that on Apple Music '' . I have tried to unlink my apple music account , reboot my sonos, deleting amazon alexa app and nothing !!! Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?Did you set Apple Music as the default MSP in your Alexa App “Settings/Music” and also install the service in the Sonos App within “Settings/My Music Services”?

Yes I did set apple music as my default msp in the Alexa app and it's also linked to my Sonos app . I have previously used Amazon music on my Alexa as apple music was not available in Ireland before. My Amazon music subscription has expired now but i can still see my "inactive" account linked to Alexa app . I don't know how to unlink it ! Maybe this is causing the issue even though it's not set as primary msp ?
I dont think that will be the cause of your issue, but to remove it goto "My Music Services" in the Sonos App and "press & hold" Amazon Music entry and remove it using the context menu that appears. You can reauthorise your Apple Music Service account in this area too.
Thanks a lot for this, it works great for me too.

Moderator Edit: Removed link
Works great so many thanks for this. Problem is I only stumbled across if when asking Alexa to change a radio station so a notification would have been appreciated. It suddenly said “playing from Apple Music”. I only have one Sonos One as been waiting for Apple Music add-on. This now justifies replacing my five Sonos 1s but might have to wait for Santa.

I dont think that will be the cause of your issue, but to remove it goto "My Music Services" in the Sonos App and "press & hold" Amazon Music entry and remove it using the context menu that appears. You can reauthorise your Apple Music Service account in this area too.

For some reason this is still not working for me.I think I am gonna cancel my apple music and go back to amazon music which I don't like or maybe spotify. Is there a way to reset all the alexa or sonos settings?
For some reason this is still not working for me.I think I am gonna cancel my apple music and go back to amazon music which I don't like or maybe spotify. Is there a way to reset all the alexa or sonos settings?
To change your MSP for Alexa voice services, you just need to switch that in the Amazon App and set it as your default streaming service. The same MSP and Account credentials need also to be installed in your Sonos App.

I don’t see why Apple Music should not work though, that’s if you have set things up correctly?
Do you really think this type of temper tantrum is going to force Sonos to roll out Alexa support for Apple Music to Australia faster than scheduled?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We've been working with Alexa and Apple Music to bring the services together on Sonos in more countries. It's currently going live in Australia and New Zealand right now, so you may find it working already. Since it's still launching, the teams aren't allowed to talk about it as it's an unannounced feature.

When it's confirmed to be up and running 100% I'll make sure to update this thread with an updated list of the countries it's available in.
Badge +1
Do you really think this type of temper tantrum is going to force Sonos to roll out Alexa support for Apple Music to Australia faster than scheduled?

I think when Sonos are made aware that their customer base is buying into their products because of promised features that aren't supported, yes, it will have an affect on their business practice and get them to 'pull their socks up'.

I can attach the email received from them if you'd like that states that due to the - using their words - "uptake in forum activity relating to this issue we have released support for this earlier than planned".

So if I was you, I'd sit down. Thank you for your ever so helpful constructive comment. It was really worth your time writing it.
Userlevel 1
Badge
@Ryan S is Alexa/Apple Music integration “official” in Australia yet?

I can link Apple Music service in the Alexa iOS app as well as in my Sonos One app.

But it doesn’t work properly.

For example I have Apple Music set as my default Radio & Music player in the Alexa app, but when I say “Alexa play Metallica” my Sonos One responds “Playing Metallica station on iheartradio”...which makes no sense as that’s not my default radio or music player.

In addition if I try to “force” my music source “Alexa play Metallica on Apple Music” it responds “I could not find that on Apple Music”???
Userlevel 1
Badge
Solved my above issue solution posted here: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/i-could-not-find-that-on-apple-music-alexa-and-apple-music-integration-issues-6825682/index2.html#post16348661