Alexa now available on Sonos in Australia and New Zealand

• 25 April 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Alexa, Play on Sonos

Alexa is now available on Sonos in Australia and New Zealand. You can now use the Sonos One in these countries with Alexa voice control. If you already have a Sonos One, you can go to the More tab in your Sonos app and tap Voice Services to enable Alexa. The beta of our Sonos Skill for Alexa is now available in Australia and New Zealand as well, which you can install and use to wirelessly send commands from your Amazon devices to your Sonos players.

To get started, enable the Sonos skill in your Alexa app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Well done, Sonos!

And while I can't hope to forestall any of the "but I live in country X, when will that be done" posts, I do hope that there's a certain amount of "we understand this process better, and will continue to increase the speed at which we can do this, depending on Amazon's ability to support us" in the offing 🙂
Hi

When will the sonos one be available in nz for purchase?

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge
How long it takes to reach India ? Alexa and Echo devices are available in India since 2017 October.
I have given up asking. Third world country for now. Also in my case, using line in jacks I get a better Alexa than the half baked one via the Sonos integration.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have given up asking. Third world country for now. Also in my case, using line in jacks I get a better Alexa than the half baked one via the Sonos integration. Where is line-in in Sonos One with Alexa ?
It isn't there; only Connect/Connect Amp/Play 5 have that feature. Another Sonos miss.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Listed in one of the audio site for half price sale as well as on Quikr. Looks like no-one want this dumb box. Packed and dumped in store room. Hope the joke "Sonos one with Alexa" work one day before we mortals have natural death.
Good bye ...
Badge
When will Alexa bi available in DENNMARK:D