Alexa, Announce Announcements

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Support for Alexa Announcements is rolling out for the US, UK, and CA.

So, does Sonos now consider California to be separate from the US?

CA is the standard country abbreviation for Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
So I just tested it out.

"Alexa, announce The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone."

Awesome. If only the kids new what the hell I was talking about.
So I just tested it out.

"Alexa, announce The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone."

Awesome. If only the kids new what the hell I was talking about.

Surely you can't be serious!
Don’t call him Shirley!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Support for Alexa Announcements is rolling out for the US, UK, and CA.

So, does Sonos now consider California to be separate from the US?

CA is the standard country abbreviation for Canada.

What he said. I was using the 2 digit ISO code for Canada. The three-digit code CAN I thought looked odd next to UK and US.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Surely you can't be serious!

Don’t call him Shirley!

😃 Sometimes it's good to be old.

...I'll stop derailing the thread now.
Some how, I got it working in south Africa
You can target an individual room or echo device with the Alexa 'drop in' feature, but that’s obviously not part of this ... er... announcements package. Maybe that will be included on Sonos later, perhaps?
Maybe... perhaps... 🙂 I'll pass along the interest for you.

Yes please! - can't replace my echo devices with alexa enabled sonos until drop-in, calling and messaging is supported - I use this with family a lot!
This is a great feature. I have several legacy Sonos devices that don't have Alexa built in... however they are still integrated with my Alexa devices. It would be very good if the announcements would play on these devices. Especially the playbar in the family room (no Alexa devices there)