AccuRadio now on Sonos

• 7 January 2016
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
AccuRadio is now an available music service on Sonos for our customers in the US and Canada. AccuRadio was founded in 2000 to showcase the potential of Internet radio. Today it offers hundreds of customizable channels and a wide range of genres, reaching 500,000 unique listeners per month. The service is free of charge and streams at 32kbps in the AAC format. More info on AccuRadio and how to add it on Sonos: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3736.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Is that really 32k or a typo and meant to be 320k?

32k AAC is satellite radio quality...
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Not a typo. Note that it's 100% free, in this day and age you have to give them credit for that.
Badge
When will AccuRadio be available in Europe ?
(Netherlands)
I'm also waiting for AccuRadio to become available in the Netherlands!!
Userlevel 2

Not a typo. Note that it's 100% free, in this day and age you have to give them credit for that.

Well, I don't know about. I'm no audiophile and I've probably been to a few too many rock concerts by now but the first thing I did when playing AccuRadio on my Play:3 stereo paired speakers for the first time was to come here and try to find out the bitrate because even my tired old ears thought that shit sounded tinny.

I think Sonos does itself a disservice in cases like this.
I think Sonos does itself a disservice in cases like this.

Why Sonos? Sonos has a Music Partners Program with an API which allows any service, anywhere in the world to add themselves for free. The quality, cost, content, and feature set implemented are up to the service themselves, not Sonos.
Badge +1
I think it's actually 128kbps. see: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3736/~/accuradio-and-sonos