Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one stop shop for using Amazon Alexa with Sonos.

Microphone sensitivity for the “Alexa” wake word is low
Answered

So, I received my Sonos One this morning, loving the sound quality. Problem is, I’m coming from a regular Echo, which I’ve owned since release, and the microphones are nowhere near as sensitive as the...

Pairing a Play:1 with the new Sonos One
Question

Can this be done? Will it sound the same in stereo? I don’t need two microphoned speakers surely.

Petition to Add Local Library Playback to Alexa/Sonos Voice Control

Let's let Sonos know we would like this feature added. We've all spent years cultivating music we own, and we'd like to listen to it using the new voice control feature that Alexa has added. Thanks!

Google Play Music support?
Question

Is support for Google Play Music subscription in the works? That's my preferred streaming service and unfortunately I do not see it listed in Alexa supported services. Any plans to add it please?

Apple Music via Amazon Alexa
Question

I am one of the many I am sure, to have purchased an Amazon Alexa after Sonos recent update. I also signed up to Apple Music once integrated with Sonos awhile back, but I am unable to link Apple Musi...

Playing Local Music Library on Sonos through Alexa
Answered

Will alexa skill be able to play from my music library?

Disable Sonos One Alexa from playing a sound when I say "Alexa"
Question

I just set up a Sonos One with Alexa and the sound is noticeably better than the Amazon Echo. On the Sonos One though, each and every time I call "Alexa" it plays some kind of acknowledgement tone....

Amazon Dot and Play 5 line in going quiet when replying from Alexa
Answered

I have an Amazon Dot connected to my play5 using the line in option. Until today Alexa speech volume and the music volume were fine. I have now updated my speakers, but now I can hardly hear Alexa s...

Send sound output from Echo Dots direct to SONOS
Answered

Will you be able to work with Amazon that will allow output from Echo Dots to SONOS speakers directly. I currently have 2 dots, one is connected to the Lounge Play:5 via Aux, and one in the bedroom b...

Sonos stops after playing one song from Amazon Music
Question

"Alexa, play classical music on dining room" Alexa starts classical focus from amazon on dining room sonos. After one selection, sonos goes quiet. Sonos app shows nothing playing. I can ask alexa to...

No Spotify thru Alexa?

How can you leave out Spotify thru Alexa?

Sonos, Alexa and spotify

Very disappointed so far with voice control. Been waiting for nearly a year and finally it's here. But you can't voice control via alexa to play locally stored files of Spotify the no1 streaming servi...

Assign Amazon Echo (Alexa) devices to Sonos zone(s)

I'm excited about the release of the Sonos/Alexa integration. Thank you to the Sonos team for getting this out the door! Setting up the skill was a breeze and it seems to be working very well for me s...

Strange Volume Effect with Echo Dot and Sonos
Question

I have an Echo Dot connected to a Connect via analog in...and the Connect connected from analog out to my speakers via a Sonance amplifier. I'm finding that, since starting the Sonos skill, when I ta...

Laughably buggy and poor Alexa and Sonos integration
Question

Problems encountered so far: 1) Would not recognise my Living Room and play music then randomly did. 2) Says it cannot work in my kitchen even though works fine in Sonos App, and also listed in Alexa...

List of Alexa Commands
Question

Is there a list of Echo commands that we can use now? It would be nice if ALL of the Amazon Echo Skill’s designer would make these lists and keep them current.

Alexa lowering volume
Question

How do I stop Alexa turning down the volume in all the rooms rather than the one it is in? Listening in one room kids using Alexa in another volume up down up down up down.....,

Alexa and Flash Briefing
Answered

Just doesn't seem to work. Alexa says "flash briefing" (which is an idiotic name) is starting and then nothing happens...I've checked all the proper boxes the Alexa App...even checked and unchecked di...

Timer from Alexa on Sonos One not working
Answered

Hi on my new SONOS one a few of the skills don't seem yet to work. The most basic ones that is broken is that of setting a timer. If I say "Alexa set a timer for one minute" then the SONOS one/Alexa r...

Alexa chime on Sonos one
Answered

Is there a way to turn off the chime on the Sonos one when you say “Alexa”?

Sonos One Alexa not working correctly
Question

Set up new Sonos One. Alexa will start playing when requested but when requested to stop or pause, Alexa responds with "I can change playback mode only when music is playing" despite the fact that mus...

My Sonos One is going back today

Hi Sonos (I hope you read this).. I'm returning my Sonos One today, but as part of the return procedure, I didn't get a chance to say why, so here are the reasons - treat is as bit of product feedba...

Alexa overly sensitive on the Sonos One
Question

Hi all, I have seen a few topics where people are commenting that they are having trouble giving commands to their Sonos One player via Alexa but I'm finding the microphone is too sensitive and it i...

Sonos One Not Responding to Alexa Comands
Answered

Just setup the Sonos One. All steps were followed and setup went smoothly, However it is not responding to any commands. It does acknowledge the command where I ask to play music, but doesn't complete...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online