Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one-stop shop for discussing Amazon Alexa with Sonos. How do you add Amazon Alexa to Sonos One or Beam? How do you pair an Echo device with a Sonos speaker? Get your answers here.

Pairing a Play:1 with the new Sonos One

Can this be done? Will it sound the same in stereo? I don’t need two microphoned speakers surely.

Disable Sonos One Alexa from playing a sound when I say "Alexa"

I just set up a Sonos One with Alexa and the sound is noticeably better than the Amazon Echo. On the Sonos One though, each and every time I call "Alexa" it plays some kind of acknowledgement tone....

Alexa voice volume linked to Sonos volume? Need independent control

It seems the volume of the Alexa voice is linked directly to the volume of the Sonos One unit. That means if I'm playing quiet music in the background, and I activate Alexa, I can't really hear her vo...

Petition to Add Local Library Playback to Alexa/Sonos Voice Control

Let's let Sonos know we would like this feature added. We've all spent years cultivating music we own, and we'd like to listen to it using the new voice control feature that Alexa has added. Thanks!

Sonos One alternate Alexa "wake word" change

I was going to buy a pair of Sonos ones when they first came out but the inability to change the "wake word" from Alexa was a deal breaker for me as I already have a multi-room Sonos/Echo/Alexa Home a...

Apple Music via Amazon Alexa

I am one of the many I am sure, to have purchased an Amazon Alexa after Sonos recent update. I also signed up to Apple Music once integrated with Sonos awhile back, but I am unable to link Apple Musi...

Google Play Music support?

Is support for Google Play Music subscription in the works? That's my preferred streaming service and unfortunately I do not see it listed in Alexa supported services. Any plans to add it please?

Sonos One Not Responding to Alexa Comands
Answered

Just setup the Sonos One. All steps were followed and setup went smoothly, However it is not responding to any commands. It does acknowledge the command where I ask to play music, but doesn't complete...

Alexa lowering volume

How do I stop Alexa turning down the volume in all the rooms rather than the one it is in? Listening in one room kids using Alexa in another volume up down up down up down.....,

Alexa chime on Sonos one
Answered

Is there a way to turn off the chime on the Sonos one when you say “Alexa”?

Audible ?
Answered

I have just bought a Sonos One. The sound is great. The Alexa integration doesn't seem to work well. A lot of the skills just don't work. Audible is really important for me and I thought it would be p...

Ducking
Answered

Reluctantly, I disabled the Alexa skill for Sonos today. The whole house ducking was causing too many complaints form everyone in the house. Ducking a Sonos speaker in a room so far away from the pers...

Audible
Answered

I just returned my full Sonos system (10 speakers) because of Audible was not available.

Alexa voice volume too loud
Answered

Hi there, I already read some posts about other people heaving problems with alexa's voice volume on the Sonos One. Some say it's not loud enough, when they have low music playing. Some say it's too...

Alexa in canada
Answered

When will Alexa be available in Canada?

Alexa Multi-room Music / Audio Groups

I have a new Sonos One that I am adding to home with 2 Echo devices. In the Alexa app I am trying to setup an Audio Group for multi-room music. However, the Sonos One does not show up as an available...

Alexa voice volume compared to music volume.

Hello everyone. I have two Play 1's and a new Sonos one I got for christmas. Here is my setup. I have the two Play 1's setup in my living room and the Sonos one setup in my kitchen for Alexa & music....

Playing Local Music Library on Sonos through Alexa
Answered

Will alexa skill be able to play from my music library?

Wake word change
Question

Please update so we can change wake word. This is a big deal in us keeping Sonos or not.

Assign Amazon Echo (Alexa) devices to Sonos zone(s)

I'm excited about the release of the Sonos/Alexa integration. Thank you to the Sonos team for getting this out the door! Setting up the skill was a breeze and it seems to be working very well for me s...

Amazon Dot and Play 5 line in going quiet when replying from Alexa

I have an Amazon Dot connected to my play5 using the line in option. Until today Alexa speech volume and the music volume were fine. I have now updated my speakers, but now I can hardly hear Alexa s...

Send sound output from Echo Dots direct to SONOS
Answered

Will you be able to work with Amazon that will allow output from Echo Dots to SONOS speakers directly. I currently have 2 dots, one is connected to the Lounge Play:5 via Aux, and one in the bedroom b...

Alexa/Audible and Sonos?
Answered

Just got the new Alexa integration working but where are the Audible Audiobooks???!!! This is my number one use case and been waiting for two years since Sonos broke the previous integration. Come o...

Just went through all the settings on Sonos app as well as Alexa app named my new Sonos One OFFICE in the Sonos app and group it with all my 7 other Sonos. I can play music on all Sonos through the So...

Alexa overly sensitive on the Sonos One
Question

Hi all, I have seen a few topics where people are commenting that they are having trouble giving commands to their Sonos One player via Alexa but I'm finding the microphone is too sensitive and it i...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings