Question

Workaround: Is it possible to use an Amazon Echo to launch Alexa reading Kindle books on Sonos One?

• 19 December 2018
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Since I have learned the disappointing news about Alexa not reading Kindle books on my Sonos Ones (a feature that I surely hope is just around the corner! Hint, hint, devs!), I am looking for a workaround.

I wonder if I purchase an Amazon Echo product if I can connect the Echo to my Sonos One system, and ask Alexa on the Echo device to read me a Kindle book, then have that Kindle book audio transferred over to my Sonos One so that the Kindle book would be read over my Sonos Ones, my Beam and my Sub (i.e. my full Sonos setup).

Does anyone know if this would be possible? Has this been tried? Thank you in advance.

Meanwhile, I continue to hope that to avoid workarounds altogether that Sonos is hard at work developing the Alexa/Kindle reading skill for the Sonos One.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings