Answered

wont skip track

Userlevel 1
I have 2 sonos ones and a beam, when I ask to skip track with alexa on spotify, she just says I cant skip to the next song. Very frustrating.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 19 May 2020, 01:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

106 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am still having issues. Without changing anything, I tried starting a playlist and skipping a song and got the same response from Alexa saying she cannot skip. Then I removed the Sonos skill from the Alexa app, deleted my speakers and re-enabled the app. The process is now asking me to “pick a system I want to control” It looks like it has separated all my speakers into 2 different systems. See screen shot below. After choosing one of the systems, Alexa will ONLY find the devices in that systems and not the others.

@ando1, Do you have any sort of wireless range extenders in use? Submit a diagnostic and reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Smilja I do not have any kind of range extenders. Network is a full stack of Ubiquiti Unifi with USG Pro 4 and 2 UniFi switches. I submitted a diagnostic, the number is 1367450227. I suspect this is not going to show all of the Sonos devices that I have because I only see the ones I selected during the process of re-installing the skill in the Alexa app.

Hi everyone, as of some cloud updates that have gone out, this should be fully resolved now. You shouldn’t need to take any steps other than making sure you’ve got Alexa configured properly (if you happened to remove it or anything of the sort during troubleshooting).

Thanks Ryan! All started working again for me yesterday!!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Just to follow up in case anyone else is still having issues. I totally reset all my Sonos speakers and added them to a new systems. Once I did this and then re-added them to the Alexa app, skipping is working again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi everyone, as of some cloud updates that have gone out, this should be fully resolved now. You shouldn’t need to take any steps other than making sure you’ve got Alexa configured properly (if you happened to remove it or anything of the sort during troubleshooting).

Thanks Ryan! Now all works perfectly!