Answered

wont skip track

Userlevel 1
I have 2 sonos ones and a beam, when I ask to skip track with alexa on spotify, she just says I cant skip to the next song. Very frustrating.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 19 May 2020, 01:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

106 replies

Having the same issue. Must be a recent update issue? Hmm...
Also having this issue.. extremely frustrating.

Very rarely it will work randomly but 9 times out of 10 no.

Have searched continuously and found no solution thus far

i have this problem on my Sonos One and 2 Play 3s, speaking both to the One and my echo dot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

We're currently looking into this issue. You can follow the main thread for updates.
Userlevel 1
I am having the same issue when using Alexa to play Spotify on my Sonos 1 Speakers.
I have six speakers.

"I can't skip to the next song"

Happens on playlists and albums. Will work for the first few minutes but then after a couple of songs have played, she can no longer skip to the next song.

This happens on individual speakers and on speaker groups.
I have 3 sonos 1 speakers and a beam, and was having the same issue. I found that unplugging one speaker for a minute or so was enough to reset the whole system. Each of the speakers will now skip to the next song.
I have the exact same problem she said she can’t skip songs on all four rooms kind of defeats the purpose of having her tbh¡ Is this going to be fixed
Hi folks,

We're currently looking into this issue. You can follow the main thread for updates.

Just wondering Have you found the problem yet and working on a fix?I’ve reset all of my Sonos removed and re-added the Sonos skill and still does it it’s very frustrating
Multiple Sonos speakers controlled by Android mobile and OS x apps. Everything up to date.

Random error when I ask to skip a song it fails -

Alexa skip song....

"Sorry I cannot skip this song."

Can provide diagnostics if necessary.
Alexa on Sonos will not't play NEXT song on my spotify playlist. If not fixed promptly, I'm returning my two Sonos One speakers back to Sonos because I'm in 45 day grace period and will research buying competitor. Very pissed.
Alexa on Sonos will not't play NEXT song on my spotify playlist. If not fixed promptly, I'm returning my two Sonos One speakers back to Sonos because I'm in 45 day grace period and will research buying competitor. Very pissed.
I agree is absolutely terrible and they seem to be ignoring the problem as well!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

We don't have any new information to share just yet. We're still working to resolve this issue, and I'll be sure to update the thread with any news.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

We'd like to take a look at some data from your systems. Please reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation numbers, thanks.
I have the same problem asking my echo dot to "skip" when playing Spotify on my paired Sonos play 1s. Worked fine until recently.

Will submit diagnostics tomorrow

Hi Sonos Staff, 

Can you please advise if the issue when Sonos with Alexa doesn’t want to skip track on Spotify was resolved? 

Hi all,

I am waking up this thread in hopes to come to a solution. I have a Sonos Beam and a Sonos One SL. I have Amazon Alexa/Music connected to Sonos Beam. As of late, I can no longer give the command “Alexa, skip this song” or “Alexa, next song”. Alexa responds with “I cannot skip this song”. Can someone please point me in the right direction. It is definitely a Sonos issue as we do have a Echo and Echo Dot that responds to the commands. Frustrating at times. Any help will be great. Thank you. 

Userlevel 1

This issue is happening to me right now. Alexa on sonos will not skip to the next song. She responds to all other requests properly.  It is a sonos problem because alex on amazon devices will skip to next song.

Having same problem. Using Apple Music. Can’t skip song in Sonos app or via Alexa. Alexa is rubbish on this. Was a pain to get going. Bit great for Apple Music users. Considering returning if I don’t get a quick fix

So if I use the Apple Music app from start I’m ok

if I start in Sonos app I’m ok

However, if I start by asking Alexa to play music, it will not skip track by voice command saying “I can’t skip track” or something of that nature. 
If I then go into either Sonos or apple app I can’t manually skip track either.

so basically the Alexa is pointless for STARTING music. Music must be started in app if you want ability to skip. This is ridiculous. The whole idea is that you don’t need your phone????

Badge

Also experiencing the same issue with Alexa and Amazon Music unlimited. Will start a playlist but not skip to the next song, will also stop playing randomly, the first playlist stopped after approximately 10 songs and the second playlist stopped after the first song.

i have sent diagnostics with code: 766986415

Badge

I can also start the playlist from the app and voice commands work fine?

Same problem here… dreadful. Fix it

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Very annoying just spent 2 hours on the phone and nothing said it was due of my Sky Q box really it was working fine up till 10am. Reading on the forum the question to look for is won’t skip track, a lot of customers are having the same problem. Sonos fix this as we have paid so much for this equ

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

So this problem has been going on for over 6 months Sonos are still looking into this annoying issue. The whole point was the have the facility to get music played via voice command. So I believe this will. Let be fixed as it’s a long term problem and is not a priority for Sonos. The system will skip tracks if you start playing songs direct from the app but not if you ask Alexa. 100% a Sonos issue as my Alexa Dots work fine. Even if you ask Alexa to play music she will only play one song and not go to the next track. I have tried everything under the sun to fix this but nothing. I have a case reference from Sonos but it’s not going to help they will not be rectifying this anytime soon. Such a shame from a premium product which you would expect them to fix. Vets disappointed with this as the ease of access to play songs and continue listening via our lady Alexa but only to be let down from the hardware. £2000 spent on a playbar, sub, row Sonos ones and a beam and reliability is not what you pay for. Sonos I hope you read this and do something for all your unhappy customers. I was going to purchase more Sonos speakers but not now. 

I am having the same problem as well.  This all started last week when my play 5 just suddenly stopped and would not play anything through Alexa.  After basically uninstalling everything and then reinstalling all of the apps and skills then going throughthe setup process it worked fine.  Fast forward to today and now Alexa will not skip tracks upon command and only plays one song at a time.  Was there a recent update that has caused this?  I am with the other posters on here who have rightfully pointed out the fact that Sonos has known about this issue for some time now and apparently have done nothing to address it.  For what they charge for their products we deserve better than this!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Buddy we are still trying to fix this and nothing. This is very frustrating just do not know why it’s stopped working. If it was an amazon Alexa issue my amazon dots would be doing the same. Where do we go from here? Are my Sonos speakers faulty what ever it is Sonos repair it as you gave lots of disappointed customers