Answered

Will voice support ever be added to allow playing music collection?

• 5 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge
I don't have Pandora or iHeart, etc., so this new voice capability for Sonos via Alexa has me nonplused. Can someone tell me if being able to play your own music in the Sonos app will work with voice commands? That's what I really want!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 10 October 2017, 00:20

Hey there, zBernie:

Although you can't use Alexa to start music from your local library, Alexa can control what's playing if it's already been started. This can be useful in instances with a local playlist, podcast or radio station from TuneIn.

In the meantime, we are happy to pass along the request for you to the team. Thanks for the feedback.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, zBernie:

Although you can't use Alexa to start music from your local library, Alexa can control what's playing if it's already been started. This can be useful in instances with a local playlist, podcast or radio station from TuneIn.

In the meantime, we are happy to pass along the request for you to the team. Thanks for the feedback.