Answered

Will there be support for bilingual voice assistants?

• 4 December 2019
  • 1 reply

So, google has had it for quite a while, but back in october, Amazon announced that Alexa had started to support bilingual voice matching in Canada (French+English) and I know they also support US (english + spanish). 

I finally had some time to try it out yesterday and was very pleased with the results on my echo dots and show, however I was sad to see that the option is not in the Sonos app.. so there is currently no way to set my Sonos ONEs to support bilingual Alexa.

Did anyone manage to get it working? Is this something that will be supported ? I tried searching and didn’t find any info.

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 December 2019, 19:37

Good question. I’ll pass along the request to the team for you for specific bilingual support. In some regions you can toggle Sonos between the supported languages, but I don’t believe the multi-lingual setting is available right now. I’ll check with the team on that and see if they have it on the list for the future. Some features roll out to Alexa specific devices before heading to devices with Alexa built in.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Good question. I’ll pass along the request to the team for you for specific bilingual support. In some regions you can toggle Sonos between the supported languages, but I don’t believe the multi-lingual setting is available right now. I’ll check with the team on that and see if they have it on the list for the future. Some features roll out to Alexa specific devices before heading to devices with Alexa built in.