Answered

Will Connect allow me to play my iTunes playlists on Echo/Alexa speakers (only) ?

• 9 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I do not have Sonos speakers, but am considering purchasing a Sonos Connect if it will allow me to play my iTunes playlists on all my Echo/Alexa speakers. If the answer is Yes, then do I need to have the Connect unit wired to my stereo to enable it to play the playlists on all (wireless) Echo speakers? Or can I just play my iTunes playlists from my laptop (in conjunction with Connect), without having to hook it to my receiver? Trying to avoid purchasing the more-expensive Connect AMP. ~Thanks
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 August 2018, 20:30

The answer is 'No' because the echo devices have no audio line-in connection. They just have an audio 3.5mm line-out port, or so I believe. I don’t think there is an easy way to achieve the outcome you are hoping for here.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The answer is 'No' because the echo devices have no audio line-in connection. They just have an audio 3.5mm line-out port, or so I believe. I don’t think there is an easy way to achieve the outcome you are hoping for here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I think an echo can double as a Bluetooth speaker. I'm pretty sure I've read that somewhere, but I've never tried it. Mostly because it would make a lousy Bluetooth speaker, and probably why the feature is not more well known. That's not really going to help you though because you could not then have the echo your connected by Bluetooth to play in sync with other echos.

In short, there isn't a Sonos device that could do this for you. Connnect,, Connect:amp, or anything else.