Answered

Why did Sonos Speakers STOP looping sleep app sounds from Amazon's Echo's apps collection?

• 24 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I bought a 2nd set of Sonos 1’s for the master bedroom just to play sleep sounds via Amazon Alexa’s app collection...specifically, sounds by SleepJar.  The Sonos speakers will NOT loop the sleep sounds.  I unplugged the Sonos speakers, put an Amazon Echo speaker on the same desk, and the Echo speaker loops all night.  Sonos speakers are fantastic.  But this one problem is very disheartening.  I’ve tried all the so-called solutions that have been posted in the past, including de-registering, uninstalling stuff, and doing it all over again but nothing works.

icon

Best answer by MikeLL 28 October 2020, 22:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MikeLL, thanks for sharing your feedback. 

We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. Our team is working on improving our system to provide assistance to our valued customers like you. The feature that you're trying to perform is not yet available with Sonos and we already submitted a feature request for this. We don't have any information yet to provide at the moment.

If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.

Badge

PROBLEM SOLVED!!  YAY!!!  I purchased 2 Amazon Studios, paired them, and they play sleep sounds in continuous looping all night long!!!  And the sound is on par with the Sonos Ones.  Amazing.  I now have my 2 One’s for sale.  I hope one day Sonos & Amazon work together to fix the annoying problem of loop failure.  But for now...it’s sweet sleeping with “Distant Thunderstorm” by SleepJar ALL NIGHT LONG:)

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MikeLL, thank you for your quick response. There's no port on the Playbar that you can physically connect the Amazon Echo Dot. To play music on your Playbar from Alexa Echo Dot, they should be in the same network. You try to play sleep sounds from the Alexa Echo Dot and check if you will see the Playbar in the available devices. If it doesn't work, you may need to reach out to Amazon to seek assistance on this.

Let me know if you have any questions about this. The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Badge

Is there any device, Sonos or other, that will PHYSICALLY connect an Amazon Echo device to a Playbar?  I upgraded to an ARC and my Playbar is doing nothing.  If I could PHYSICALLY connect an Echo Dot to the Playbar and ask the DOT to play and loop sleep sounds all night, I’m assuming the Playbar would act merely as a speaker and loop the DOT’s output all night. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MikeLL, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did. Let me help you with this.

You can add Amazon Alexa directly to your voice-enabled Sonos speaker. Once set up, you can use your voice to play and control music. When asking Alexa to play music, the song will begin playing from Alexa’s default music service unless you specify a different service in your command.

Upon checking, the sleep sounds is an application that you can download from Amazon and will instantly connect to an Alexa device like the Echo Dot. Synchronized music playing from your Echo Dot to your Sonos speakers is not yet available with Sonos. You can only play sleep sounds on Echo Dot. 

What I can do is send in a feature request to make this available in the Sonos app. We don't have the timeline and the information yet to share with you about this but you can check our announcements when this feature becomes available. 

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We and the community are always here to help.