Answered

Why cant i add Amazon to Sonos.. but Alexa lets me do it by voice?

• 12 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Ok.. first off Im in Canada, which Sonos and Amazon forget has 30 million people.
Next.. How come i can say "Alexa play jazz in the office" and it plays my Amazon prime music, BUT when i go to the Sonos app, I cant add it?
Seriously? you have some stupid "Family music" station that no one listens to, but cant add Amazon?
What gives?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 13 March 2018, 18:57

Hi Kotep, with the most recent software release for Sonos, we added Amazon Alexa support for Sonos players in Canada. Amazon Prime Music isn't available just yet for Sonos players in Canada, however.

We talked about it a bit in our announcement post here.

Alexa on Sonos now available in Canada

Available today, English language control for Amazon Alexa is on the Sonos One in Canada. You can go to the More tab in your Sonos app and tap Voice Services to enable Alexa on your Sonos One.

The beta of our Sonos Skill for Alexa is now available in Canada as well, which you can install and use to wirelessly send commands from your Amazon Echo or Dot devices to your Sonos players.

To get started, enable the Sonos skill in your Alexa app.

Amazon Music for Alexa on Sonos Ones now available in Canada

With this update, we’re bringing Amazon Unlimited support to the Sonos One through Alexa. Add the service to your Alexa app and just ask for your music.

For now, Amazon Unlimited on Sonos is available through Alexa voice control in Canada. We’re working with Amazon to bring the Amazon Unlimited service to your Sonos apps later this year.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you logon to www.sonos.com and check your address details in your profile?
Userlevel 1
Badge
yes.. says Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Kotep, with the most recent software release for Sonos, we added Amazon Alexa support for Sonos players in Canada. Amazon Prime Music isn't available just yet for Sonos players in Canada, however.

We talked about it a bit in our announcement post here.

Alexa on Sonos now available in Canada

Available today, English language control for Amazon Alexa is on the Sonos One in Canada. You can go to the More tab in your Sonos app and tap Voice Services to enable Alexa on your Sonos One.

The beta of our Sonos Skill for Alexa is now available in Canada as well, which you can install and use to wirelessly send commands from your Amazon Echo or Dot devices to your Sonos players.

To get started, enable the Sonos skill in your Alexa app.

Amazon Music for Alexa on Sonos Ones now available in Canada

With this update, we’re bringing Amazon Unlimited support to the Sonos One through Alexa. Add the service to your Alexa app and just ask for your music.

For now, Amazon Unlimited on Sonos is available through Alexa voice control in Canada. We’re working with Amazon to bring the Amazon Unlimited service to your Sonos apps later this year.