Answered

Why can't Alexa talk to sonos anymore if I move it?

• 27 November 2017
  • 2 replies

If I move my Sonos play:1 across to the other side of the kitchen alexa can no longer stream to it. It says it can and says OK when I ask it to but no sound comes out of the Sonos.
Now you might be thinking, well clearly the Sonos has been moved out of wifi range but I can still control and play music from my phone on my sonos. Also the muting effect that alexa has on the sonos works, if I am playing audio from my phone on the Sonos still happens so they are talking.

I tried moving it into the same room as my router just in case, still cant stream to it. Put it back next to my echo it works again.

What is going on this makes no sense. This is a network streamer going via my router right? Alexa doesnt communicate with my Sonos speaker directly does it?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 27 November 2017, 17:16

Have you tried opening the Alexa app>Smart Home>Devices and selecting Discover after you have moved the Sonos One?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have you tried opening the Alexa app>Smart Home>Devices and selecting Discover after you have moved the Sonos One?
Wow that worked I still don't understand how physically returning it to that same place has any impact but thanks very much!