Answered

Volume drop when alexa is used on sonos one while listening in another room

• 2 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Is it possible to stop the volume drop that occurs when someone uses alexa via one of the sonos speakers? I'll be listening in another room and it causes my music to drop in volume. This can be annoying. I understand why you'd have this occur in the room you are in but if someone in the loving room uses alexa to turn on a light my music shouldn't drop in volume in the bedroom.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 2 June 2018, 09:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Not at present but Sonos have said they are working on this. No release date given yet though.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks. It's super annoying but I guess I have to deal with it. Man I hope they fix it.
I was clicking around and saw this old post. This issue has been resolved for me. You can now create Groups with the Alexa app and pair up your Alexa devices with the relevant Sonos speaker. That way it only turns down the volume in the room where you are speaking. Works like a champ.