Volume control steps too large

• 24 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I do understand that the Alexa API supports only ten volume steps (1..10).
Unfortunately this is not useable with my Sonos One which is too loud on 2 and too low on 1.
I therefore suggest to add a „max Alexa volume“ setting to the Sonos app.
So that we can map „Alexa volume 10“ to „Sonos volume 50%“ or something similar.

Cheers
Holger

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Holger. Thanks for this feedback, we've received it elsewhere from other customers and every contribution to this effect is helpful. Please let us know if you have any further thoughts or feedback.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
My Alexa skill supports volume levels from zero to 100. You can also say louder/quieter which goes in increments of 10.
Dear Lord, is there any thread that you won't stoop into to pimp your skill? You are posting Spam, which is against the TOS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
How is this spam? No link, not even a name. The user wants to use their Sonos gear in a particular way that the default software does not support, so I offered an alternative, to solve the customers problem. Isn't that the whole point of this forum? Community support?? Who died and made you God anyway?