Answered

Volume control

Can I control the Play 5's volume with my play 1?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 June 2018, 04:48

Ah, you'd need to specify the room name that the PLAY:5 is in. i.e. something like "Alexa, turn up the volume in the living room", where "living room" is the room that the PLAY:5 is in. If you don't name the room, then it assumes you mean the room that the Sonos One is in.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Meaning using the buttons on the top of your PLAY:1? I'm pretty sure that would only affect the PLAY:1, since it's a single room that's grouped with another room that has the PLAY:5 in it.

That being said, when using the controller, you can adjust volumes for both speakers at the same time with just the one slider, or cause it to split and show both rooms so that you can control them individually.
I’m sorry I was using Alexa that’s built in on my play 1 and ask to raise the volume, and it only raised the volume in my play 1 not the play 5
Ah, you'd need to specify the room name that the PLAY:5 is in. i.e. something like "Alexa, turn up the volume in the living room", where "living room" is the room that the PLAY:5 is in. If you don't name the room, then it assumes you mean the room that the Sonos One is in.
And, to my knowledge, there's no way to increase the volume in both rooms at the same time, using Alexa. Yet. Who knows if Sonos will implement a "grouped rooms" command.