Answered

Voice service: Not available in your country??

• 2 December 2017
  • 35 replies

Userlevel 1
Just bought a Sonon One in Singapore - It is advertised to have Alexa voice service but upon setup the app simply state: Voice service, not available in your country?

Is this correct, how do i get it activated?

Right now the Sonos One - is no different from my Sonos Play 1 that i wanted to upgrade.
icon

Best answer by Edward R 12 June 2019, 14:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you are trying to get voice services to function in an unsupported region, sadly we are unable to advise how to do this.
The information does exist on our Community and while others have managed to get it to work, we are unable to endorse these methods.

In addition, we are not permitted to point you towards them.
Just would like to know... If I have managed to change the my country in the SONOS profile, will this affect the availability of the music services? For example, KKBOX is available in Hong Kong, but I'm not sure if I can still use it if I have changed the country to USA...

Not only that, but some services check IP addresses for geo-blocking purposes. So if your Sonos profile does not accurately reflect your location, some services normally available to that location still will not work.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Just would like to know... If I have managed to change the my country in the SONOS profile, will this affect the availability of the music services? For example, KKBOX is available in Hong Kong, but I'm not sure if I can still use it if I have changed the country to USA...
Badge
Same problem here... one star it is.
Badge +1
I also cannot get this to work. I changed my Country to UK and City to London. Right now I cannot find the flag setting, but I remember I found that 2 days ago and switched it to UK as well. Can't seem to find that setting right now, though, but I'm fairly certain I have it set to UK in both locations.

Even then, the Sonos app will still tell me the voice service is not available in my country.

EDIT: Got it working. What confused me was I was only looking in my profile on this message board. You literally have to go to sonos.com (main site - like people in here already said, but it just went over my head that this was a separate location from the message board), login, and then edit your profile from there. Here you can select the flag, and also change your address to UK/USA.
Where / how do I find My Sonos profile to change my location in order to activate Alexa? I am in South Africa. Thank you
Yay, that worked. Thanks!
It is workable as change profile to US. Thanks
I can't change my country to US in Apple ID as trying download alexa.
There is something wrong with ZIP.
How can I fix this problem or download alexa without app store?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
How do change my country in sonos app?

Please open www.sonos.com and update your profile.
How do change my country in sonos app?
Czech Republic should be now officially supported by Alexa. I expected to be able to just turn on voice services in my One. But seems like I will have to wait for Sonos to enable it. Can we get a comment on how this will resolved? I bought the One because I expected Amazon to enable Alexa in my country soon, but if it needs to be enabled by Sonos, I fear this might never happen. same here just got one from Amazon.de and voice service unavailable.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Sheer ignorance or lack of talent inside SONOS team could be the reason. Alexa enabled over 100 countries now and these people still stuck with less than 10 countries. Alexa was fist released in US, UK, Germany, Astalia, India and few other countries they couldn't cover even cover 8 countries after 7 Months. Still I regret the day i decide to pay for this idiot box that does nothing.
Badge
I'm sure it will come, but i truly don't understand why to block it or not enable the service. i have Alexa working perfectly on my 8 echo devices at home, and Echo devices are still not selling here, but i can enjoy fully the alexa service. Sonos is using the service through my account, so why block it through Sonos devices? if it works, it works. if alexa was not working i can understand it (reduce the support calls , why it is not working, etc), but if Alexa works? then why?. anyhow, moving the profile to USA, enabling the service by connecting it to my account, enabled it and works perfectly, even when changing the country back to the right one. I hope they will open it generally and done with it

No offence meant, but you need to do a bit of research to better understand the global marketplace. It's not just about whether it work.

No offence taken, just wondering myself, looking around. i would understand if it was delivering a music service that you have to pay royalties or get permission from the local partners, but here you are talking about allowing connecting to a service that is already active and working 🙂. anyhow , hope it will be enabled seamless soon. the Sonos market here is big enough. Thanks for taking the time to reply
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
I'm sure it will come, but i truly don't understand why to block it or not enable the service. i have Alexa working perfectly on my 8 echo devices at home, and Echo devices are still not selling here, but i can enjoy fully the alexa service. Sonos is using the service through my account, so why block it through Sonos devices? if it works, it works. if alexa was not working i can understand it (reduce the support calls , why it is not working, etc), but if Alexa works? then why?. anyhow, moving the profile to USA, enabling the service by connecting it to my account, enabled it and works perfectly, even when changing the country back to the right one. I hope they will open it generally and done with it

No offence meant, but you need to do a bit of research to better understand the global marketplace. It's not just about whether it work.
Badge
I just come here to check,
1.Whether Sonos offered alexa in my country even after Amazon introduced it on Oct - 2017.
2.To check whether Denon or BOSE swallowed this dinosaur company who are not ready to adapt changes like Nokia - Symbian and Blackberry.

Man, you guys are tough. Patience Grasshopper, patience - it'll come.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
1.Whether Sonos offered alexa in my country even after Amazon introduced it on Oct - 2017.
2.To check whether Denon or BOSE swallowed this dinosaur company who are not ready to adapt changes like Nokia - Symbian and Blackberry.

Man, you guys are tough. Patience Grasshopper, patience - it'll come.
Badge
Change your Sonos country profile to USA, and then proceed to setup Voice Services to add Alexa. It will work once you do that.
Worked for me ! thank you.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Userlevel 1
Badge
I’m in Sweden, I’ve 5 sonos zones set up and have 4 Amazon Alexas successfully controlling the sonos, it works really well..
I changed the country to USA in my profile but at first it did not work. The reason was that I also needed to select USA in my home address in my profile. Now it works great!
And what type is your Amazon account? Is this from where you live, and it did not need to be changed?
I changed the country to USA in my profile but at first it did not work. The reason was that I also needed to select USA in my home address in my profile. Now it works great!
Yay, that worked. Thanks!
Vijay, I went into my Sonos Profile, Edit, and changed the country to UK and it worked
Userlevel 2
Badge
That worked. Thank you very much imgod2

Under left menu my country shows as USA but still voice is not enabled
That worked. Thank you very much imgod2