Answered

Voice service: Not available in your country??

• 2 December 2017
  • 35 replies

Userlevel 1
Just bought a Sonon One in Singapore - It is advertised to have Alexa voice service but upon setup the app simply state: Voice service, not available in your country?

Is this correct, how do i get it activated?

Right now the Sonos One - is no different from my Sonos Play 1 that i wanted to upgrade.
icon

Best answer by Edward R 12 June 2019, 14:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Voice Control via the Sonos One is only supported in US, UK and Germany at present.
Badge
Same.. Just bought the Sonos One.. Unable to connect and setup to Alexa, because the Voice Service option is not available.
It is made very clear in the Alexa Blog announcement that it is currently only available in the US, UK and Germany.

Connect Alexa to any Sonos speaker.
Starting today in open beta in the US, UK and Germany, you can wirelessly connect your speakers to an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot and control the music around your home—simply by speaking. This update works with all existing Sonos speakers, so it doesn’t matter whether you bought a Play:1 two years ago or a Playbase two weeks ago.

http://blog.sonos.com/en/alexa-meet-sonos/
I'm in Cyprus and have the same problem. This product was shipped to Cyprus but Alexa doesn't work I get a message "Voice Services Not Available in Your country" Any idea when it will be available in Cyprus?
So annoying! I have the same issue in Sweden. I don’t even want a Swedish voice service, I want an English one. I have 5 Sonos speakers and just want to control them via Alexander echo dot. And play Spotify I have the sonos skill installed on Alexa and seems the only misssing part is sonos allowing voice service.

Is this going to be globally released to other countries at any time? Or do we need to start looking at other hard wired solutions ?
Badge
Change your Sonos country profile to USA, and then proceed to setup Voice Services to add Alexa. It will work once you do that.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Change your Sonos country profile to USA, and then proceed to setup Voice Services to add Alexa. It will work once you do that. tried this , not working
Czech Republic should be now officially supported by Alexa. I expected to be able to just turn on voice services in my One. But seems like I will have to wait for Sonos to enable it. Can we get a comment on how this will resolved? I bought the One because I expected Amazon to enable Alexa in my country soon, but if it needs to be enabled by Sonos, I fear this might never happen.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Czech Republic should be now officially supported by Alexa. I expected to be able to just turn on voice services in my One. But seems like I will have to wait for Sonos to enable it. Can we get a comment on how this will resolved? I bought the One because I expected Amazon to enable Alexa in my country soon, but if it needs to be enabled by Sonos, I fear this might never happen.

Unfortunately Sonos,

Not transparent on country wise implementation status
No solid project plan they are confident enough to share with customers.
In India Alaxa active from Oct-end, all we got is some vague response from Sonos with no reason for why it is not active.

Had I been in this forum before I made my purchase decision, I wouldn't have bought Sonos. Not because of product quality only because of transparency and the way which they deal with customer.

Hope the words of Mahatma Gandhi reaches to Sonos management ,

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so" - MK Gandhi.
Change your Sonos country profile to USA, and then proceed to setup Voice Services to add Alexa. It will work once you do that. tried this , not working
That worked. Thank you very much imgod2
Userlevel 2
Badge
That worked. Thank you very much imgod2

Under left menu my country shows as USA but still voice is not enabled
Vijay, I went into my Sonos Profile, Edit, and changed the country to UK and it worked
Yay, that worked. Thanks!
I changed the country to USA in my profile but at first it did not work. The reason was that I also needed to select USA in my home address in my profile. Now it works great!
I changed the country to USA in my profile but at first it did not work. The reason was that I also needed to select USA in my home address in my profile. Now it works great!
And what type is your Amazon account? Is this from where you live, and it did not need to be changed?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I’m in Sweden, I’ve 5 sonos zones set up and have 4 Amazon Alexas successfully controlling the sonos, it works really well..
Userlevel 2
Badge
I just come here to check,
1.Whether Sonos offered alexa in my country even after Amazon introduced it on Oct - 2017.
2.To check whether Denon or BOSE swallowed this dinosaur company who are not ready to adapt changes like Nokia - Symbian and Blackberry.
Badge
Change your Sonos country profile to USA, and then proceed to setup Voice Services to add Alexa. It will work once you do that.
Worked for me ! thank you.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
1.Whether Sonos offered alexa in my country even after Amazon introduced it on Oct - 2017.
2.To check whether Denon or BOSE swallowed this dinosaur company who are not ready to adapt changes like Nokia - Symbian and Blackberry.

Man, you guys are tough. Patience Grasshopper, patience - it'll come.
Badge

Man, you guys are tough. Patience Grasshopper, patience - it'll come.

I'm sure it will come, but i truly don't understand why to block it or not enable the service. i have Alexa working perfectly on my 8 echo devices at home, and Echo devices are still not selling here, but i can enjoy fully the alexa service. Sonos is using the service through my account, so why block it through Sonos devices? if it works, it works. if alexa was not working i can understand it (reduce the support calls , why it is not working, etc), but if Alexa works? then why?. anyhow, moving the profile to USA, enabling the service by connecting it to my account, enabled it and works perfectly, even when changing the country back to the right one. I hope they will open it generally and done with it
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
I'm sure it will come, but i truly don't understand why to block it or not enable the service. i have Alexa working perfectly on my 8 echo devices at home, and Echo devices are still not selling here, but i can enjoy fully the alexa service. Sonos is using the service through my account, so why block it through Sonos devices? if it works, it works. if alexa was not working i can understand it (reduce the support calls , why it is not working, etc), but if Alexa works? then why?. anyhow, moving the profile to USA, enabling the service by connecting it to my account, enabled it and works perfectly, even when changing the country back to the right one. I hope they will open it generally and done with it

No offence meant, but you need to do a bit of research to better understand the global marketplace. It's not just about whether it work.
Badge

No offence meant, but you need to do a bit of research to better understand the global marketplace. It's not just about whether it work.

No offence taken, just wondering myself, looking around. i would understand if it was delivering a music service that you have to pay royalties or get permission from the local partners, but here you are talking about allowing connecting to a service that is already active and working 🙂. anyhow , hope it will be enabled seamless soon. the Sonos market here is big enough. Thanks for taking the time to reply
Userlevel 2
Badge
Sheer ignorance or lack of talent inside SONOS team could be the reason. Alexa enabled over 100 countries now and these people still stuck with less than 10 countries. Alexa was fist released in US, UK, Germany, Astalia, India and few other countries they couldn't cover even cover 8 countries after 7 Months. Still I regret the day i decide to pay for this idiot box that does nothing.
Czech Republic should be now officially supported by Alexa. I expected to be able to just turn on voice services in my One. But seems like I will have to wait for Sonos to enable it. Can we get a comment on how this will resolved? I bought the One because I expected Amazon to enable Alexa in my country soon, but if it needs to be enabled by Sonos, I fear this might never happen. same here just got one from Amazon.de and voice service unavailable.