Answered

Voice service: Not available in your country??

• 2 December 2017
  • 35 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

How do change my country in sonos app?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
How do change my country in sonos app?

Please open www.sonos.com and update your profile.
It is workable as change profile to US. Thanks
I can't change my country to US in Apple ID as trying download alexa.
There is something wrong with ZIP.
How can I fix this problem or download alexa without app store?
Yay, that worked. Thanks!
Where / how do I find My Sonos profile to change my location in order to activate Alexa? I am in South Africa. Thank you
Badge +1
I also cannot get this to work. I changed my Country to UK and City to London. Right now I cannot find the flag setting, but I remember I found that 2 days ago and switched it to UK as well. Can't seem to find that setting right now, though, but I'm fairly certain I have it set to UK in both locations.

Even then, the Sonos app will still tell me the voice service is not available in my country.

EDIT: Got it working. What confused me was I was only looking in my profile on this message board. You literally have to go to sonos.com (main site - like people in here already said, but it just went over my head that this was a separate location from the message board), login, and then edit your profile from there. Here you can select the flag, and also change your address to UK/USA.
Badge
Same problem here... one star it is.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Just would like to know... If I have managed to change the my country in the SONOS profile, will this affect the availability of the music services? For example, KKBOX is available in Hong Kong, but I'm not sure if I can still use it if I have changed the country to USA...
Just would like to know... If I have managed to change the my country in the SONOS profile, will this affect the availability of the music services? For example, KKBOX is available in Hong Kong, but I'm not sure if I can still use it if I have changed the country to USA...

Not only that, but some services check IP addresses for geo-blocking purposes. So if your Sonos profile does not accurately reflect your location, some services normally available to that location still will not work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you are trying to get voice services to function in an unsupported region, sadly we are unable to advise how to do this.
The information does exist on our Community and while others have managed to get it to work, we are unable to endorse these methods.

In addition, we are not permitted to point you towards them.