Voice not supported in my country

• 8 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I live in Denmark, and I've tried setting country to both UK and US on Sonos.com
Still my app says voice control is not active in my country.
Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Borreboy 2. We're hard at work building up the Alexa Skill for Sonos while adding to it. When Alexa support is enabled in a new location, it takes some dedicated engineering work and testing to bring support to Sonos. We are committed to bringing Alexa voice control to Sonos in Denmark but don't have a timeline that we're ready to share just yet. We will update our customers in due course. In the meantime, hopefully someone else will chime in with a viable solution. Many thanks.
Badge +1
I'd like to bump this thread. I've heard from numerous people that by switching the country setting to UK, Alexa on Sonos should work in a country that otherwise isn't supported.

However, I also cannot get this to work. I changed my country settings to UK, but it still says Alexa isn't available in my country. Does anyone have a step by step on how to get this to work?

EDIT: Got it working. What confused me was I was only looking for the country settings in my profile on this message board. You literally have to go to sonos.com (main site, not this message board), login, and then edit your profile from there. Here you can select the flag, and also change your address to UK/USA.