Voice control of TV using Sonos alexa.

• 26 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Just wondering if anyone has their smart Tv setup so Alexa switches the Tv channel, turns off/on etc. I was wondering what set up you are using to achive this. Im aware of IFTTT but havent attempted it as im not the most techy savvy. Youtube do tutorials but very often involve some programming which im not the best at. What im looking for is what to buy and how simple it was to set up.

Im using a Sony smart tv with a soundbar, sub, two play threes through the play one using alexa.

Many thanks

Samzie

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have a Harmony Hub remote that works great with Alexa. On/off, switch activities, tune favorite channels.
Badge +1
Thanks Jgatie,
Can you tell me which model please.
I have the Ultimate, but Alexa works with any of the Hub based remotes. The Hub is the key.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
I use Alexa/IFTTT to control my DVR and TV, and also in combination with SmartThings/webCoRE to set sleep timers and control group volume on my Sonos speakers. With the recent release of the Alexa Video Skill API, I will be able to remove IFTTT from the loop for my TiVo DVR in the very near future.

IFTTT may seem intimidating at first, but it's really quite simple to use.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I have the harmony hub too, no remote just the hub. Can turn on/off and change the channels too.