Voice control in Slovakia

• 16 September 2019
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I purchased Sonos One, but the voice control option is unavailable in Slovakia. Are there any plans to add the voice control [Alexa] for Sonos in Slovakia?

thanks,

Milan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Same question from my side - when we will have this function supported in Slovakia?

thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thanks for the requests! I’ll make sure the team knows you’re looking for Alexa support with Sonos there. I don’t have any details I can let you in on, but we’ll announce anything new when we can.

If I was aware this was not available at the time I wouldn't have purchased so many items of Sonos.

Really disappointed

Well similar in my case, this is definitely blocking point for my SONOS collection extension.. it's a pity, I am very satisfied with its quality.

Yes, i wasnt aware of this also.. I can use amazon echo (just change the device location), but with Sonos One i cant use none of the voice services. Really disapointing because the Sonos One is a great product (but 50 € more expensive than the SL version withou mocrophones). I am thinking of returning the speaker. 

Thanks for the requests! I’ll make sure the team knows you’re looking for Alexa support with Sonos there. I don’t have any details I can let you in on, but we’ll announce anything new when we can.

Hi - what is the current status on this? I do not have Sonos One, but would like to use Amazon Echo with my current Sonos products (5) and cannot do anything in order to connect them to Alexa. If I enable the skill, I see the products in Alexa devices overview, but Alexa keeps telling me they are offline. There is no voice over add button either in Sonos controller. Or maybe I will just sell all Sonos products I have and will buy Amazon? Sonos is really great, but the support for Alexa in 2020 is really huge disappointment. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@demoblue , I know you're anxious for news and eagerly awaiting any announcement or details from us. I don't have an official statement for you on support for the Sonos Alexa skill in Slovakia.

We'd love to bring Sonos to all countries, as well as Alexa support for Sonos. We’re working with Amazon on their Alexa expansion plans, and for that matter, with Google on theirs with Assistant, to bring voice control to Sonos everywhere we can.

Badge

You can use Alexa in Slovakia. 

Change you location in your sonos profile to some supported (US, UK, ...)

Uninstall your sonos app from your device (iOS or Android) 

Install Sonos app on your device from Appstore or Google Store (depending on your phone)

Open Sonos app and setup everything you should have option for Voice services during setup (Google, Alexa)

finish setup 

You can use Alexa on you Sonos ;) 

(tested on Beam 🙂 )