Answered

Using Sonos One microphone for calls using Skype or Zoom

• 19 May 2020
  • 6 replies

I know it’s possible to use Sonos One speakers to listen to music through your laptop but my question is, can you also use them for meetings on Skype or  Zoom and use the Sono’ One microphone  to pick up what Im saying to allow people on the call to hear me?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 19 May 2020, 22:57

View original

6 replies

The microphone on the Sonos One is for Alexa/Google Assistant use only.  It can’t be used calls of any sort.

@melvimbe I figured as much but  wanted to make sure. Thank you so much for this reply. 

What a missed opportunity. With this pandemic I find myself calling a very lot more. This could be a very welcoming update for a lot of people.

I have 2 Sonos One's in stereo in my living room. 

Hi does anyone know if the Sonos Roam can be used as a speaker input for my Macbook mini for Zoom etc?

Hi does anyone know if the Sonos Roam can be used as a speaker input for my Macbook mini for Zoom etc?

It cannot.  The mic is only usable for voice assistant and for auto trueplay.

I am disabled and planned on using Roam with Google Assistant in the shower to call in case of an emergency.

I don’t know if this limitation is a choice of Google or Sonos but I hope this will change with future updates.