Question

Using Alexa with Beam and SL

• 4 December 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a Beam connected to my TV. I have an One SL in my kitchen. Using the Sonos app I can group the SL to the Beam so it plays the audio from the TV, but is there some way to be able to tell alexa to stream TV audio from the beam to the ONE SL.

Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I have a Beam connected to my TV. I have an One SL in my kitchen. Using the Sonos app I can group the SL to the Beam so it plays the audio from the TV, but is there some way to be able to tell alexa to stream TV audio from the beam to the ONE SL.

Thanks in advance

No, don’t think so.  You can initiate music playback to a predefined Alexa group, you can tell the Beam to revert to playing TV audio, but there isn’t a command to play TV audio on a group.  it’s been a while since I looked at the setting, but you might be able to setup the Beam to always play on the beam and SL when it detects TV audio.  Don’t quote me on that.  You can do that with aux inputs, not sure on TV inputs.