Answered

Using Alexa to control Apple Music features after first choosing song using Siri AirPlay 2

• 13 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +4
I understand that you can start a song on Apple Music using Siri with AirPlay 2 - once started with Siri you can then ask Alexa questions like “what song is this?” and use Alexa to pause or skip a song with Siri, Apple Music and Alexa working together. What other things can Alexa do after a song is started with Siri using AirPlay 2? I have looked for video demonstrations online but haven’t found anything in English. Also can you ask Alexa to like a song on Apple Music once initially started with Siri using AirPlay 2?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 13 July 2018, 19:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +4
Thank you for your reply. That’s what I was hoping for as an ideal answer. I don’t own a Sonos One yet but am seriously considering buying one. I think it is good that Alexa can work with Apple Music with Apple and Amazon working together. I was interested when I heard about this possibility during their recent Sonos event. I hope that the ability to Like Songs is added in the future to a Sonos One as I could relax in my chair and use voice without having to pull out an iOS device all the time to operate my Apple Music Like Song functions. I particularly like the multiple voice assistants concept on Sonos One. Value for money.
Pause, resume, skip, back, volume control, and ask what is playing are all available regardless of how the queue was initiated. There is no ability to "Like" via Alexa.