Using Alexa to change input on Beam

• 13 October 2018
  • 3 replies

I have had a Beam now since launch and I love it.

I have only recently enabled Alexa for Spotify streaming to my Beam and that works great, bit I am becoming frustrated with having to launch the App to change the Beam input back to my HDMI-CEC TV.

Is there an easier way to do this?

I have tried commands such as "Alexa, change input to TV"

Is this just the way it's set up or am I missing something?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, connormill. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. I've used "Alexa, change to TV" to change the input to my TV signal on Beam. What error message do you get when you try that phrasing?
I have this same issue. When I launch music I have to go to the app to change the sound back to TV
Userlevel 7
Hi All

I have a Beam connected to my Samsung TV. I'll admit the Beam will turn my TV on but will not turn it off. 😞 I previously had it connected to a Sony TV and the on/off command worked both ways. 🙂 However I digress as that's another post upon which I've made comment.

To your question...I command my Beam to play Sirius XM Watercolors to keep my dog company when I leave for work. Upon my return I just say "Alexa...Stop music". I can immediately command Alexa (Beam) to turn on my TV. That said...you may have to tell the Beam to stop the music stream before switching to TV and vise-versa. I guess the Beam can't multi-task :8

Cheers!