Using Alexa in India

• 1 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi, Greetings,

i m using Beam it’s a great product, but not able to access Alexa or any other voice asstt. ,

Do anyone have the same problem with solution or alternative…!!

pls provide info with details.

thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ashuuu.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

The reason you cannot use any voice assistance in your country is that Amazon is still not allowing Alexa to work in your country.

To know more about this click here.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

@Mark P 

Amazon introduced alexa in india in Oct 2017.

Badge

Thanks Sonos support,

however i got your valid reason behind this issue, but what exactly is stopping, it is only a matter of one update which will give access in India although Sonos has already worked out for the software part.

hope Sonos will soon release the update for India to use Alexa .

thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ashuuu.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Sorry for the inconvenience in my previous reply, I was looking at this page about Alexa availability with Sonos.

I'll forward this to our management to be updated and corrected right away.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

From a past Sonos beta participant, I know that Sonos had made the Alexa integration available in India a year ago, but it never made it to the commercial version. I have no idea why.